Home » General (non-technical) » Jobs and employment » Real-Time Innovations is hiring an Eclipse Developer
|Real-Time Innovations is hiring an Eclipse Developer [message #1052974]
||Wed, 01 May 2013 16:56
|| Ken Brophy
Registered: May 2013
Location: Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Senior Software Engineer - Tools Product team, Sunnyvale, CA or Granada, Spain|
The Internet changed the way people interact. The next wave of computing, machine-to-machine (M2M) networking, will change the way machines interact. Sometimes called the Internet of Things or the Industrial Internet, fast, flexible connected devices will enable a new generation of distributed intelligent systems. RTI is leading this wave; our software provides the core nervous system of hundreds of mission-critical systems, from wind farms to smart cars to autonomous airplanes.
RTI has the key technology. Our product features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated participant discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control. Our software connects devices, providing timely and reliable information. Powerful, easy-to-use tools are critical to configure, administer and monitor the distributed infrastructure.
As a software engineer in the tools product team, your focus will be to develop innovative tools which both simplify the complexities of a large distributed systems, as well as allow the user to drill down and understand the behavior of single data publisher in the system. Our team values creativity, risk-taking, innovation, and open communication. Come develop technology that will drive the development of real-time distributed, mission-critical systems.
Implementation of development, administration and monitoring tools. This includes:
- Designing, prototyping, estimating, coding, testing, documenting and maintaining tools products. You will work closely with the Tools lead and Product Manager.
- Developing and maintaining professional User Interfaces (UI) by creating wireframes, prototypes and translating requirements, use cases, and/or abstract conceptual ideas into inventive visual interfaces.
- Support tools usability studies.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience developing multi-threaded Eclipse plug-ins and Rich Client Platforms (RCP) applications using JFace/SWT
- 5+ years experience developing multi-platform User Interface applications on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
- Java and C/C++
- Knowledge and interest in distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, and/or computer networks
- Be successful working in a highly distributed team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please send your resume to DS021jobs@rti.com
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, company performance-based bonus plan, medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), and LPP grants.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Current Time: Fri Jun 24 23:53:40 GMT 2016
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02305 seconds