Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » CrossTab Cell formating
CrossTab Cell formating [message #1051719] Mon, 29 April 2013 06:35 Go to next message
Harry Virtanen is currently offline Harry Virtanen
Hi,

I have report with several graphs and one crosstab. The layout of the crosstab is as follows:

index.php/fa/14528/0/

The data is produced by a database query and all computation is done (in Java) before pushing the data to the report.

Everything works okay, for the exception of the rows (and a specific columns) containing percentages. All data, including percentage is pushed in the double datatype from Java, i.e. 0.055 for 5.5%. The report design data type is decimal.

The requirement of the rows and columns containing percentages is that its shows the %-sign and if value is positive the color of the cell/number should be green, if negative then red.

I have managed to get the colors on the correct row and column cells containing the percentages. However I am unable to get the % sign into those same cells.

In the crosstab script I have:
function onCreateCell( cellInst, reportContext )
{
   if( cellInst.getDataValue("columnName")=="ComparedToPreviousMonth"      || 
     cellInst.getDataValue("dataType")=="ROI")
   {       

// cellInst.getStyle().setNumberFormat("##.##%");

if(cellInst.getDataValue("data_TypeGroup/dataType_columns/columnName") < 0) 
           cellInst.getStyle().setColor("RGB(253,120,120)");

if(cellInst.getDataValue("data_TypeGroup/dataType_columns/columnName") > 0) 
          cellInst.getStyle().setColor("RGB(0,139,8)");

}

}

This is how a small part of the rows for a DataFrom object with 5 dataTypes looks like without setNumberFormat in the if-block:

index.php/fa/14529/0/Attached Image

Clearly, the if-block works correctly and colors the specified row and column. But when I add ( remove the comment) the setNumberFormat into that same if-block, we get a contradiction and it looks like this:

index.php/fa/14530/0/Attached Image

How is it possible that an if-block colors correctly the specified rows and a column, but formats the percentages all over??

As Mr. S.Holmes would say: "....what ever remains must be the truth!" In my opinion, the setNumberFormat, when first set to a single cell, appears to be globally set to all cells!!

Any ideas? Should I redesign the crosstab? All data is pushed into the design from java-code with db queries. The crosstab should only show the data and format it!

Re: CrossTab Cell formating [message #1053191 is a reply to message #1051719] Fri, 03 May 2013 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael Williams

What's your BIRT version?

Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Re: CrossTab Cell formating [message #1053214 is a reply to message #1053191] Fri, 03 May 2013 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Birt version is 3.7.2v20120213

Re: CrossTab Cell formating [message #1053873 is a reply to message #1053214] Wed, 08 May 2013 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sorry for the delay. I used your same script and set up a similar crosstab and I don't have the same issue. Everything appears to work correctly. Can you try to recreate this with sample data and attach it, so I can run it?

Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Re: CrossTab Cell formating [message #1058531 is a reply to message #1053873] Tue, 14 May 2013 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My turn to say sorry for the delay.

The fact that you got it worked, made me try
to create a new crosstab in the same report with exactly the same setup as the
crosstab in which the % did go crazy.

To my amazement I had two crosstabs, which to my (beginners) view were created exactly the same way
(apparently not though), the first (earlier) got % all over, while the new "xtab" had the % signs exactly
in the right column and row.

I guess the the first "xtab" had the wires "xrossed".

I deleted the firs and replaced it with the new one.

Thanks for the help anyway!

regards,
Harry
Re: CrossTab Cell formating [message #1058590 is a reply to message #1058531] Tue, 14 May 2013 14:05 Go to previous message

Very odd, but I'm happy to hear that it's now working. Let us know whenever you have questions. Smile

Michael

Previous Topic:Sort button on x-axis is disabled
Next Topic:Sum of each bar in a bar chart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 25 14:40:49 GMT 2014