Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Hudson kills the process at end of the shell script(Hudson kills the process at end of the shell script)
Hudson kills the process at end of the shell script [message #1051104] Sun, 28 April 2013 07:47 Go to next message
Selvakumar Ponnusamy is currently offline Selvakumar PonnusamyFriend
Im configuring Hudson to automate deployment process. In shell script I start the server and Im able to see the logs which says server is successfully started and able to access the application. But Once Hudson reaches end of the script the process killed.

When I check process details, till the shell script complete, the process alive. Once the shell script is execution complete from Hudson the process is not there.

Can you please help me how to keep the process alive even after shell script execution is completed by Hudson

I tried executing the command with nohup, But no luck.
Re: Hudson kills the process at end of the shell script [message #1052850 is a reply to message #1051104] Tue, 30 April 2013 17:24 Go to previous message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
Hi, Hudson always kills the process started by the build after the build has completed. This is to make sure no run away process are left behind by the build. If you want to keep the server alive beyond the build execution then you should not start it from within the build. Basically, start and stop of server is expected inside of a build for testing purpose. Start the server, execute the tests and then shutdown the server. This is the expected flow.

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Previous Topic:Deploy to artifactory - Not launched
Next Topic:hudson-ci.org machines will be down for maintenace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:31:59 GMT 2024