Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Use cached birt reports in custom dashboard
Use cached birt reports in custom dashboard [message #1050922] Sun, 28 April 2013 00:40 Go to next message
nari noori is currently offline nari noori
Hi,

i have made my own custom dashboard (with jsp) and with WebViewerExample.

On the dashboard i show different birt reports (charts) within different iframes. I cache the reports (by using frameset servlet and rptdocument), as they dont change for around 24 hours.

This is what i do:

1-call the frameset servlet with __document param to create the rptdocument:
frameset?
__toolbar=false&__navigationbar=false&__document=myreport1.rptdocument&__report=myreport1.rptdesign
2-whenever my dashboard is called the report is now cached from myreport1.rptdocument

But what i have experienced is that the frameset-servlet is very slow (uses 3-6 seconds to show the result).
If i use the preview-servlet with the __document parameter it shows it under a second. A lot quicker.

This is what i want:

1-check if rptdocument for dashboard-report does exist.

1.1 if rptdocument not exists call frameset servlet:
frameset__toolbar=false&__navigationbar=false&__document=myreport1.rptdocument&__report=myreport1.rptdesign

1.2 if rptdocument exists call preview servlet:
preview?__document=myreport1.rptdocument

But the problem is that the preview-servlet does not generate a rptdocument, it can only show a report. Is there a smart way that i in my dashboard
check if a rptdocument exists, if not call the frameset servlet to generete the rptdocument. And the next time always call the preview-servlet ?

[Updated on: Sun, 28 April 2013 00:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Use cached birt reports in custom dashboard [message #1053868 is a reply to message #1050922] Wed, 08 May 2013 02:38 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael Williams

It would seem that you could easily check the location to determine whether you have a rptdocument or not. Have you solved this issue?

Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Previous Topic:BIRT with Ruby on Rails
Next Topic:Invalid bound column name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Oct 20 23:06:07 GMT 2014