Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » 2 or more constraints when doing anyOf
2 or more constraints when doing anyOf [message #1048620] Wed, 24 April 2013 18:36 Go to next message
brad Mising name is currently offline brad Mising nameFriend
In the documentation there is a note about using .anyOf twice in an Expression. The note mentions "you would use a single anyOf and a temporary variable" as a work around. I haven't seen any examples of this being done in the documentation. Does anyone have an example? I could be overlooking something simple here...

Link to Documentation:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Introduction_to_EclipseLink_Expressions_(ELUG)#Using_EclipseLink_Expression_API_for_Joins

Thanks
-Brad
Re: 2 or more constraints when doing anyOf [message #1048662 is a reply to message #1048620] Wed, 24 April 2013 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
Reuse the result of expression.anyOf() rather than call it again, the same way you would store the result of a get accessor method rather than repeatedly calling get for the value.

Instead of
ExpressionBuilder builder = new ExpressionBuilder();
Expression whereClause = builder.anyOf("projects").get("name").equal("Enterprise").or(builder.anyOf("projects").get("name").equal("Server"));
you would use:
ExpressionBuilder builder = new ExpressionBuilder();
Expression projects = builder.anyOf("projects");
Expression whereClause = projects.get("name").equal("Enterprise").or(projects.get("name").equal("Server"));

In the first example, you are making 2 different joins from the root over the projects collection, while in the second there will only be a single join what will check if name=Entierprise or name=Server.

Best Regards,
Chris
Re: 2 or more constraints when doing anyOf [message #1049311 is a reply to message #1048662] Thu, 25 April 2013 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brad Mising name is currently offline brad Mising nameFriend
Thanks for the tip, I will try that out. I also ran across an example in the documentation of something like this:
ExpressionBuilder subject = new ExpressionBuilder();
ExpressionBuilder name = new ExpressionBuilder();
ReportQuery subQuery = new ReportQuery(Name.class, name);

subQuery.retrievePrimaryKeys();
subQuery.setSelectionCriteria(
name.equal(subject.anyOf("names")).and(
name.get("first").toUpperCase().equal(firstName.toUpperCase())).and(
name.get("last").toUpperCase().equal(lastName.toUpperCase()))
);

This also got me the results I was looking for. The example I used is found in the javadoc for Expression. allOf.

Thanks
-Brad
Re: 2 or more constraints when doing anyOf [message #1775224 is a reply to message #1048662] Thu, 26 October 2017 13:37 Go to previous message
thorsten kruse is currently offline thorsten kruseFriend
I think, there is something wrong when conforming results in unit of work. Please have a look at stackoverflow.com questions/46936336/eclipselink-how-to-use-expression-anyof-with-cache
Previous Topic:Please refactor code - use sonar -EntityManagerSetupImpl - PreDeploy has 400 lines of code
Next Topic:<property name="eclipselink.canonicalmodel.generate_timestamp" value="false"/
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:19:37 GMT 2024