Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » scout » Mockito as mocking library?
Mockito as mocking library? [message #1046662] Mon, 22 April 2013 07:47 Go to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Some committers in the Eclipse Scout team have started to investigate Mockito as mocking library. Currently EasyMock is used (version "[2.4.0,3.0.0)").

Some questions/notes:
1) Latest version is 1.9.5. On Orbit: 1.8.4. Should we open a bug for an update?
2) Can we start using Mockito with Kepler or is this too late for introducing a new library?
3) I thing that we should not use 2 different libraries (it is possible, it can be a good transition solution, but the goal should be to use only one).

More information about Mokito on the EclipseSource blog:
=> Effective Mockito Part 1

Re: Mockito as mocking library? [message #1061138 is a reply to message #1046662] Thu, 30 May 2013 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have created Bug 409461
Re: Mockito as mocking library? [message #1112130 is a reply to message #1061138] Thu, 19 September 2013 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was asked per email why we want to migrate. Here is my opinion on the situation:

We need a new Mocking Framework, to be able to mock Objects.
=> This is something the Scout Commiter wants to do in there Test. I got a question about it from Adrian Moser.

Possible solution:

* Upgrade to EasyMock 3.x
* Change to Mockito

Both libs are not yet on Orbit.
(For Mockito, the version 1.8.4 in Orbit seems not to work with Tycho. See comment 1 in the bug).

To try the change, I have migrated the CellTest from EasyMock to Mockito. The effort to migrate a test is not big (the libraries are similar). The big effort is to get everything working in our CBI build.

I my opinion, the trend in the Eclipse Community is to use Mockito. The API of Mockito is more modern, simpler to learn and to use.

At the end I do not care what the final choice is (EasyMock 3.x vs Mockito).
Re: Mockito as mocking library? [message #1388428 is a reply to message #1112130] Thu, 26 June 2014 12:38 Go to previous message
Good news.

Thanks to Judith Gull, with Luna it is possible to write unit-test using Mockito.
EasyMock will probably be removed with the Eclipse Scout Mars release.
Previous Topic:Is there a DropdownBox?
Next Topic:Changing the selection of a Table during execRowsSelected(rows)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 21 18:12:33 GMT 2014