Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How can I override popup menu commands?
How can I override popup menu commands? [message #1042157] Tue, 16 April 2013 03:54 Go to next message
CB Liu is currently offline CB LiuFriend
I would like to use my own logic for commands such as delete/copy/paste/... in the project explorer.

So far I have used the extension points "org.eclipse.ui.handlers" to register the handler for DELETE key.

My problem is that the popup menu of the project explorer still has the default behaviour. Is there a way to override this as well? Thanks.
Re: How can I override popup menu commands? [message #1471819 is a reply to message #1042157] Thu, 13 November 2014 11:08 Go to previous message
Kev James is currently offline Kev JamesFriend
Did you ever get an answer to this? I need to override the paste functionality of Project Explorer, Package Explorer and Navigator - I would like to change the contents of the file (of my own type, defined in my plugin), when I paste and the file exists. Like when you paste a .java file, and the file already exists - it pops up a rename dialog, then also renames the class inside the file.
Previous Topic:Unable to build RCP Product for AIX ppc64 environment on Eclipse Indigo
Next Topic:RCP Runtime error: Exception in opening zip file under configuration folder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Nov 27 01:04:18 GMT 2015