Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Aborting SVN checkout locks workspace
Aborting SVN checkout locks workspace [message #1039480] Fri, 12 April 2013 08:05 Go to next message
Christian Schulz is currently offline Christian SchulzFriend
Hello,

I have noticed when I abort a job, which is currently in the checkout phase it locks the workspace.

Has anyone similar experience?
Re: Aborting SVN checkout locks workspace [message #1039518 is a reply to message #1039480] Fri, 12 April 2013 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Christou is currently offline Steve ChristouFriend

I believe that is normal SVN behavior in that anytime you perform a checkout a lock occurs on the workspace until it completes, and then it will release the lock. If you want to remove the lock you can always stop the update and perform an svn cleanup which will remove any current locks.

/**
 * @author Steven Christou
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: Aborting SVN checkout locks workspace [message #1039522 is a reply to message #1039518] Fri, 12 April 2013 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please tell me how I can make a cleanup over the Hudson web interface, I didn't found anything for that. :/

I meant it would be nice if the systems automatically runs a cleanup, when I abort the job or do it when I restart it.
At the moment the build always fails. I use find and rm to run a cleanup.
Re: Aborting SVN checkout locks workspace [message #1039524 is a reply to message #1039480] Fri, 12 April 2013 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
k z is currently offline k zFriend
Same here.
To address this issue some commercial CI servers does not allow job abort during checkout. Neither solution is perfect. To me the best option would be to warn user about the checkout process going on with the pop up window.

Regards!
Re: Aborting SVN checkout locks workspace [message #1039532 is a reply to message #1039522] Fri, 12 April 2013 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Christou is currently offline Steve ChristouFriend

There is something called a "Check-out Strategy". I believe the one you are looking for is either "Clean checkout folders and then checkout" or "Clean workspace and then checkout".

In the "Use 'svn update' as much as possible" has the fail on locks because other people have ran into the issue where if a lock existed it would perform a fresh checkout and it can be stressful on the network if it is a huge project. Looking back at this I regret not adding a checkbox to ask if people wanted to fail the build or not which is probably what most people would want. Maybe I can try releasing a new version of the plugin with that feature.

/**
 * @author Steven Christou
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: Aborting SVN checkout locks workspace [message #1039533 is a reply to message #1039532] Fri, 12 April 2013 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would be glad if there is the new feature.
More than one time I had a svn update which failed, after that a clean checkout which takes on the RPI about 4 hours (only checkout).
Re: Aborting SVN checkout locks workspace [message #1039811 is a reply to message #1039533] Fri, 12 April 2013 16:17 Go to previous message
Cleaning up /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/K4_SystemCode/workspace/.
svn: E155016: Error at entry 2 in entries file for '/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/K4_SystemCode/workspace/trunk/tools/VCheck/includes/target/h/hwif':
svn: E155016: Unexpected end of entry
Updated failed due to working copy corruption. Getting a fresh workspace

And 2 hours thrown away. Sad

A cleanup/repair "service" would be nice. Smile
Previous Topic:Test Coverage with Sonar
Next Topic:hudson reloading configuration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:58:40 GMT 2024