Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Link elements of different diagrams
Link elements of different diagrams [message #1037500] Tue, 09 April 2013 16:28 Go to next message
Simon Zutterman is currently offline Simon ZuttermanFriend
Hi,

I'm creating an editor based on an ecore model which has 4 classes(->nodes), which all have references to each other, so they can be linked. Because modeling a diagram can be quite expansive and hinders the visual representation, here's my question:

Is it possible to create several diagram editor's and then link the nodes from the different diagrams to each other?

In the metamodel, Goals and Actors are two of the four classes, with a reference Actor-(responsibility)->Goal between them.

What i'd like to achieve:
In Diagram 1 in the runtime I map GOAL A
In Diagram 2 I map ACTOR A
-> I can then link ACTOR A using the property view to GOAL A with a responsibility link.
Re: Link elements of different diagrams [message #1037624 is a reply to message #1037500] Tue, 09 April 2013 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Beyer is currently offline Thomas BeyerFriend
Hi Simon,

all you need to do is loading a resource of a diagram into another diagram. So you can "cross-link" diagrams (actually resources) however you like on the domain level.
There should be a standard context action, that will enable you to do that.
You can do the same on the notation level by using shortcuts. (the search function will point you to the right spots).

Regards
Thomas
Re: Link elements of different diagrams [message #1037690 is a reply to message #1037624] Tue, 09 April 2013 22:45 Go to previous message
Simon Zutterman is currently offline Simon ZuttermanFriend
Thomas you're my savior.

Never knew it was that simple!

Regards,

Simon
Previous Topic:DecoratorProvidor error
Next Topic:Eclipse GMF Model selected Wizward could not be started
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:01:29 GMT 2024