Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Adding model contributions from a plugin (fragment.e4xmi) without clearing workspace(Eclipse Juno)
Adding model contributions from a plugin (fragment.e4xmi) without clearing workspace [message #1036728] Mon, 08 April 2013 18:37 Go to next message
Ice Man is currently offline Ice ManFriend
Hello all,

I currently have a simple e4 app, which includes a plugin that uses fragment.e4xmi to contribute a Perspective, Part Stacks, Parts, and a menu item to the main application.

Of course, if I don't clear my workspace data in the run config, my plugin re-adds it's fragment.e4xmi model contributions each time the application is started.

What are the current best practices for adding application model contributions from a plugin so that workspace data is not cleared and windows positions, etc can be saved between launches?
Re: Adding model contributions from a plugin (fragment.e4xmi) without clearing workspace [message #1037167 is a reply to message #1036728] Tue, 09 April 2013 08:32 Go to previous message
Christoph Keimel is currently offline Christoph KeimelFriend
IMHO there is no best practice as it stands at the moment because of
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=389663

We are using a patched E4 code base to work around this (see Toms patch in the bug report).
Previous Topic:Menu contributions to e4 IDE, insertion ID's fixed?
Next Topic:Icon URI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:34:49 GMT 2024