Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Blinki » Welcome to eclipse.blinki
Welcome to eclipse.blinki [message #151] Thu, 14 May 2009 04:01 Go to next message
Eclipse Webmaster is currently offline Eclipse Webmaster
Messages: 463418
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Welcome to the Blinki Project newsgroup. The folks who requested this newsgroup will post a welcome message shortly, explaining what this exciting new group is all about. In the meanwhile, here is some more information about the Eclipse newsgroups:

Eclipse project proposals page:
http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/

Web access to this group:

http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/thread.php?group=eclipse.b linki

HTML archive of this group:

http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.blinki

This newsgroup is a public group, so please do not post private or personal information. If you have any questions about the Eclipse newsgroups, please contact webmaster@eclipse.org .

-- Eclipse Webmaster
Re: Welcome to eclipse.blinki [message #161 is a reply to message #151] Sat, 30 May 2009 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Werner Keil is currently offline Werner Keil
Messages: 1083
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Any activity here?
Re: Welcome to eclipse.blinki [message #170 is a reply to message #161] Mon, 01 June 2009 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Todd E. Williams is currently offline Todd E. Williams
Messages: 54
Registered: July 2009
Member
Werner,

Thanks for the interest! Actually there is quite a bit of activity, but
unfortunately you can't quite see it yet.

We just got the project provisioned last week (website, cvs, etc) and are
now working to put together a website as well as get version 0.6 of WebKit
for SWT wrapped up so we can get it into the Eclipse IP process. Working
against that is we have a couple of key people on/off of vacation for the
next couple of weeks so it will likely be a couple of weeks until you see
some public movement on these fronts.

However, we won't make everyone wait for the IP review to get access to
WebKit for SWT 0.6. We'll post it on our labs page when we get builds ready
and then do the IP review for the source separately. Version 0.5 is there
now: http://genuitec.com/about/labs.html

Regards,
Todd



We just got the project provisioned (website, CVS, etc) last week and are
"Werner Keil" <werner.keil@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:gvrp5g$24p$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Any activity here?
>
Re: Welcome to eclipse.blinki [message #179 is a reply to message #170] Sun, 28 June 2009 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Werner Keil is currently offline Werner Keil
Messages: 1083
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Todd,

Thanks for the update. So which Edition of Galileo do you consider your
target for this OS project (aside from possible use in your own
distributions like Pulse or MyEclipse ;-)

JEE or Pulsar (which sounds surprisingly like Pulse, but seems unrelated)

Werner
Re: Welcome to eclipse.blinki [message #184 is a reply to message #179] Mon, 29 June 2009 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Todd E. Williams is currently offline Todd E. Williams
Messages: 54
Registered: July 2009
Member
Werner,

Great question. Blinki is targeted to solve many of the existing hurdles
involved in creating mobile web applications for smartphones and other
mobile devices. This focus is why Genuitec is on the steering committee for
the Pulsar mobile working group. As a result, our work on packaging of the
resulting technologies will also be done as part of Pulsar.

Regards,
Todd

PS >>Pulsar (which sounds surprisingly like Pulse, but seems unrelated)
Correct on both counts.


"Werner Keil" <werner.keil@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:h27k5j$eq1$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Todd,
>
> Thanks for the update. So which Edition of Galileo do you consider your
> target for this OS project (aside from possible use in your own
> distributions like Pulse or MyEclipse ;-)
>
> JEE or Pulsar (which sounds surprisingly like Pulse, but seems unrelated)
>
> Werner
Re: eclipse.blinki and Mobile Widgets [message #483296 is a reply to message #151] Mon, 31 August 2009 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Werner Keil is currently offline Werner Keil
Messages: 1083
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
It looks a bit like Blinki's more or less dead or inactive.
3 new messages, the last one end of June.

Well maybe everybody went on a 2-3 month vacation ?;-)

Here's something I came across during a Dublin conference last week:
http://widget.vodafone.com/dev/

It looks like a rather good match to what this project said it wanted to
archive.
No native apps of any kind, more WebApps or "Widgets" as those are also just
a combination or HTML, XML with CSS, JavaScript and a couple of other (W3C)
standards.

Furthermore, Vodafone got support for a whole lot of S60 based devices
already, but doesn't outrule iPhone support for those in future. Blinki at
least proposed to target the iPhone first, so the 2 ideas seem to complement
each other. Plus Vodafone wishes to get this more standardized than they
already see it, and at least with JavaME (and I believe also parts of
Eclipse Mobile/Embedded) they are also involved in standard organizations
like the JCP.

This could be a (Red) ray of light to get Blinki start blinking its lifeline
?!;-)

Good Luck,
Werner
Re: eclipse.blinki and Mobile Widgets [message #483440 is a reply to message #483296] Tue, 01 September 2009 15:40 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: employment.genuitec.com

Hi Werner,

I wish I could have 2-3 month vacation. I reposted a msg I sent to the
blinki mail list last week to this group as a new topic.

Wayne


"Werner Keil" <werner.keil@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:h7heui$rpj$1@build.eclipse.org...
> It looks a bit like Blinki's more or less dead or inactive.
> 3 new messages, the last one end of June.
>
> Well maybe everybody went on a 2-3 month vacation ?;-)
>
> Here's something I came across during a Dublin conference last week:
> http://widget.vodafone.com/dev/
>
> It looks like a rather good match to what this project said it wanted to
> archive.
> No native apps of any kind, more WebApps or "Widgets" as those are also
> just a combination or HTML, XML with CSS, JavaScript and a couple of other
> (W3C) standards.
>
> Furthermore, Vodafone got support for a whole lot of S60 based devices
> already, but doesn't outrule iPhone support for those in future. Blinki at
> least proposed to target the iPhone first, so the 2 ideas seem to
> complement each other. Plus Vodafone wishes to get this more standardized
> than they already see it, and at least with JavaME (and I believe also
> parts of Eclipse Mobile/Embedded) they are also involved in standard
> organizations like the JCP.
>
> This could be a (Red) ray of light to get Blinki start blinking its
> lifeline ?!;-)
>
> Good Luck,
> Werner
Re: Welcome to eclipse.blinki [message #562165 is a reply to message #151] Sat, 30 May 2009 17:07 Go to previous message
Werner Keil is currently offline Werner Keil
Messages: 1083
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Any activity here?
Re: Welcome to eclipse.blinki [message #562189 is a reply to message #161] Mon, 01 June 2009 16:56 Go to previous message
Todd E. Williams is currently offline Todd E. Williams
Messages: 54
Registered: July 2009
Member
Werner,

Thanks for the interest! Actually there is quite a bit of activity, but
unfortunately you can't quite see it yet.

We just got the project provisioned last week (website, cvs, etc) and are
now working to put together a website as well as get version 0.6 of WebKit
for SWT wrapped up so we can get it into the Eclipse IP process. Working
against that is we have a couple of key people on/off of vacation for the
next couple of weeks so it will likely be a couple of weeks until you see
some public movement on these fronts.

However, we won't make everyone wait for the IP review to get access to
WebKit for SWT 0.6. We'll post it on our labs page when we get builds ready
and then do the IP review for the source separately. Version 0.5 is there
now: http://genuitec.com/about/labs.html

Regards,
Todd



We just got the project provisioned (website, CVS, etc) last week and are
"Werner Keil" <werner.keil@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:gvrp5g$24p$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Any activity here?
>
Re: Welcome to eclipse.blinki [message #562213 is a reply to message #170] Sun, 28 June 2009 11:28 Go to previous message
Werner Keil is currently offline Werner Keil
Messages: 1083
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Todd,

Thanks for the update. So which Edition of Galileo do you consider your
target for this OS project (aside from possible use in your own
distributions like Pulse or MyEclipse ;-)

JEE or Pulsar (which sounds surprisingly like Pulse, but seems unrelated)

Werner
Re: Welcome to eclipse.blinki [message #562237 is a reply to message #179] Mon, 29 June 2009 15:58 Go to previous message
Todd E. Williams is currently offline Todd E. Williams
Messages: 54
Registered: July 2009
Member
Werner,

Great question. Blinki is targeted to solve many of the existing hurdles
involved in creating mobile web applications for smartphones and other
mobile devices. This focus is why Genuitec is on the steering committee for
the Pulsar mobile working group. As a result, our work on packaging of the
resulting technologies will also be done as part of Pulsar.

Regards,
Todd

PS >>Pulsar (which sounds surprisingly like Pulse, but seems unrelated)
Correct on both counts.


"Werner Keil" <werner.keil@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:h27k5j$eq1$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Todd,
>
> Thanks for the update. So which Edition of Galileo do you consider your
> target for this OS project (aside from possible use in your own
> distributions like Pulse or MyEclipse ;-)
>
> JEE or Pulsar (which sounds surprisingly like Pulse, but seems unrelated)
>
> Werner
Re: eclipse.blinki and Mobile Widgets [message #562259 is a reply to message #151] Mon, 31 August 2009 21:22 Go to previous message
Werner Keil is currently offline Werner Keil
Messages: 1083
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
It looks a bit like Blinki's more or less dead or inactive.
3 new messages, the last one end of June.

Well maybe everybody went on a 2-3 month vacation ?;-)

Here's something I came across during a Dublin conference last week:
http://widget.vodafone.com/dev/

It looks like a rather good match to what this project said it wanted to
archive.
No native apps of any kind, more WebApps or "Widgets" as those are also just
a combination or HTML, XML with CSS, JavaScript and a couple of other (W3C)
standards.

Furthermore, Vodafone got support for a whole lot of S60 based devices
already, but doesn't outrule iPhone support for those in future. Blinki at
least proposed to target the iPhone first, so the 2 ideas seem to complement
each other. Plus Vodafone wishes to get this more standardized than they
already see it, and at least with JavaME (and I believe also parts of
Eclipse Mobile/Embedded) they are also involved in standard organizations
like the JCP.

This could be a (Red) ray of light to get Blinki start blinking its lifeline
?!;-)

Good Luck,
Werner
Re: eclipse.blinki and Mobile Widgets [message #562318 is a reply to message #483296] Tue, 01 September 2009 15:40 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: employment.genuitec.com

Hi Werner,

I wish I could have 2-3 month vacation. I reposted a msg I sent to the
blinki mail list last week to this group as a new topic.

Wayne


"Werner Keil" <werner.keil@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:h7heui$rpj$1@build.eclipse.org...
> It looks a bit like Blinki's more or less dead or inactive.
> 3 new messages, the last one end of June.
>
> Well maybe everybody went on a 2-3 month vacation ?;-)
>
> Here's something I came across during a Dublin conference last week:
> http://widget.vodafone.com/dev/
>
> It looks like a rather good match to what this project said it wanted to
> archive.
> No native apps of any kind, more WebApps or "Widgets" as those are also
> just a combination or HTML, XML with CSS, JavaScript and a couple of other
> (W3C) standards.
>
> Furthermore, Vodafone got support for a whole lot of S60 based devices
> already, but doesn't outrule iPhone support for those in future. Blinki at
> least proposed to target the iPhone first, so the 2 ideas seem to
> complement each other. Plus Vodafone wishes to get this more standardized
> than they already see it, and at least with JavaME (and I believe also
> parts of Eclipse Mobile/Embedded) they are also involved in standard
> organizations like the JCP.
>
> This could be a (Red) ray of light to get Blinki start blinking its
> lifeline ?!;-)
>
> Good Luck,
> Werner
Previous Topic:1st steps - touch'n base
Next Topic:1st steps - touch'n base
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Oct 01 12:20:44 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02669 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software