Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Building BIRT 4.2.x
Building BIRT 4.2.x [message #1033089] Wed, 03 April 2013 21:01
Andrew Aiken is currently offline Andrew AikenFriend
I'm trying to build BIRT 4.2.2 from the source code, following the instructions here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Birt_Project#Q:_How_to_Build_BIRT_3.7.1.2B_from_GIT.3F

I have downloaded the birt-report-designer-all-in-one-4_2_2.zip and the Data Tools Platform project. Once I have gotten all the source code I have a number of errors:

• The project org.eclipse.birt.chart.integration.wtp.ui has 140 errors, a lot of this seems to be missing plug-ins e.g. org.elcipse.jst.j2ee.

• The project org.eclipse.birt.integration.wtp.ui has 299 errors, this seems to be the same case as the project above.

• The project org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc has 1 error saying "The type JDBCDriverManager.WrappedDriver must implement the inherited abstract method Driver.getParentLogger()"

• The project org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui has 1 error saying "The type DriverExt must implement the inherited abstract method Driver.getParentLogger()".

• The project org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui has 2 errors both saying "Referenced element 'enablement' is not defined".

Even with these errors I can run the report designer, although when I try to create a new report I get a NullPointerException in the DEUtil class at line 3255
URL url = FileLocator.find( Platform.getBundle( IResourceLocator.FRAGMENT_RESOURCE_HOST ),
				new Path( DEFAULT_LIBRARY ),
				null );

Any help in fixing these errors is much appreciated.
Previous Topic:Adding column to Report
Next Topic:to get value from parameter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:57:08 GMT 2024