Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Property View - not refreshed after undo
Property View - not refreshed after undo [message #1032035] Tue, 02 April 2013 13:49 Go to next message
Dan Simkins is currently offline Dan SimkinsFriend
I have a number of nodes on the canvas, each with a textual name. I have implemented a property section as per tutorial that extends GFPropertySection and implements ITabbedPropertyConstants.

If I make a change to the name of a node in the property view, the change is correctly reflected on the canvas. If I subsequently 'undo' the change by hitting CTRL-Z (with the property view still in view and activated), the change is undone from the canvas but not reflected in the property view.

I have observed that on undo, the refresh of the property section is not being called.

Do I have to do anything specific to enable refresh on undo?

Many thanks

Dan
Graphiti Version: 0.9.2.v20130211-0913
Re: Property View - not refreshed after undo [message #1034424 is a reply to message #1032035] Fri, 05 April 2013 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Dan,

this sounds as if there is no mechanism in place that listens for changes to
the displayed attribute of the EMF object in the property sheet. You should
register an EMF adapter that gets notified on changes to that attribute and
update the field accordingly.

Michael
Re: Property View - not refreshed after undo [message #1036582 is a reply to message #1034424] Mon, 08 April 2013 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Simkins is currently offline Dan SimkinsFriend
Hi Michael,

As you suggest, I have added an EMF content adaptor and managed to refresh the property view on changes to the EMF model.

Many thanks for your assistance,

Dan

Re: Property View - not refreshed after undo [message #1076549 is a reply to message #1032035] Wed, 31 July 2013 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zhongwen Jiang is currently offline Zhongwen JiangFriend
Hey Dan,

i was asked to implement a property view for the feature diagram editor, which means when i click on a note in the diagram editor, some relative properties should be available in the property view and also could be edited in the property view.

Now the problem is i don't know how to start with this task, and the property view's status is also not available. Could you please give me some hints or the tutorial that you mentioned above? Many thanks!

Best regards,
Zhongwen
Re: Property View - not refreshed after undo [message #1077937 is a reply to message #1076549] Fri, 02 August 2013 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Zhongwen,

it's part of the normal Graphiti tutorial, see
http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.graphiti.doc%2Fresources%2Fdocu%2Fgfw%2Fproperty-sheet.htm&cp=25_1_5

Michael
Re: Property View - not refreshed after undo [message #1105260 is a reply to message #1034424] Mon, 09 September 2013 15:48 Go to previous message
Eclipse  Consultant is currently offline Eclipse ConsultantFriend

Michael,

If the model is modified by the databinding in the property view, undo can not rollback the changes made by databinding. Can you explain or give me some pointers?

Thanks

Jack

Surprised

[Updated on: Mon, 09 September 2013 15:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Selection Listener
Next Topic:How to connect 2 elements created out of same Eobject to different pictogramelements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:15:22 GMT 2024