here is some Feedback on the Problems i encountered during migration to 2.4:
1. I had to use XImportSection in import statments.
It links you to the referenced imports out of the box which is pretty nice
2. XbaseScopeProvider is deprecated -> no hint how to replace it
3. Fixed some other issues (non existing methods in xbase and so on)
3. Launched an Eclipse Application and tried to open a dsl file (.dmodel)
which lead to the following error:
-> Error: Unresolved proxy .... Make sure the EPackage has been registered.
-> Fix for me: Delete both plugin.xml files in my.dsl.model and my.dsl.model.ui
and run MWE2 code generation afterwards
(both plugin.xml files are regenerated again and work now)
At this point i can at least open the dsl file.
Generation is still not working correct but thats because i probably
didn't fix the issues correct in (3).
Trying to debug is kind of slow. If i step by step through
the xtend code there is at least a delay of 10 to 60 sec.
Strange behaviour of Eclipse since i updated:
In my Modelinferrer.xtend file:
ctrl+c and ctrl+p doesn't work after a while
Select Edit -> copy and paste is grayed out
Right clicking on the selected text and select copy works
-> it seems that at that point my xtend file is out of sync...
If i restart Eclipse i see some pasted text which was not there before
And one last Note:
My grammar contains the following first line.
grammar com.dsl.Model with org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.Xbase
In (2.3.1) i could jump to Xbase by holding down Ctrl and left clicking on
"org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.Xbase" this doesn't work any more in (2.4.0).
These things worked properly with xtext 2.3.1.
I switched back for now because its not useable for me so far.
Hope there will be soon a migration tutorial.
Lorenzo Bettini Messages: 1729 Registered: July 2009 Location: Firenze, Italy
On 03/28/2013 05:09 PM, michael b wrote:
> In (2.3.1) i could jump to Xbase by holding down Ctrl and left clicking on
> "org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.Xbase" this doesn't work any more in (2.4.0).
> These things worked properly with xtext 2.3.1.
> I switched back for now because its not useable for me so far.
> Hope there will be soon a migration tutorial. :)