Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » xtext integration with gmf
xtext integration with gmf [message #1028033] Wed, 27 March 2013 18:51 Go to next message
d 627 is currently offline d 627Friend
Hi everyone.

I've been looking for a tutorial about integration of xtext and gmf. Until now I have found diferente examples (not completly), but it seems they are deprecated for the new versions of xtext.

This is what I have found:

code.google.com/p/gmftools/wiki/GMF_and_Xtext

Also in the tutorial of the xtext page in the chapter 14 they also explain an exercise but nothing seems to work. At least in the first example I don't understando how to do to put the code of the workflow that there is available. It doesn't work.

Does anyboy have a GOOD and complete example or a tutorial to share?.

Thanks for your help
Re: xtext integration with gmf [message #1028136 is a reply to message #1028033] Wed, 27 March 2013 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Louis Rose is currently offline Louis RoseFriend
Hi Daniel,

I'm in the process of cooking up a proper Eugenia example for this. It should be done soon (we're actually implementing a new Eugenia feature to make this even easier).

Please find attached my current rough draft. This shows how to automatically parse a simple textual action language on the transitions of a simple graphical state machine. Please note that this uses both a Eugenia polishing transformation and overrides one of the GMF code generation templates.

Cheers,
Louis.
Re: xtext integration with gmf [message #1029294 is a reply to message #1028136] Fri, 29 March 2013 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
serhat gezgin is currently offline serhat gezginFriend
Hi Louis,

now i'm looking projects but don't understand how it works.

If i'm right; I must create diagram file and on label of transition element i can automatically write and parse my dsl language

but i can't get it. am i right ? or misunderstood you ?

Regards
Re: xtext integration with gmf [message #1032711 is a reply to message #1029294] Wed, 03 April 2013 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
d 627 is currently offline d 627Friend
Thanks a lot Louis for your replay.

I've been looking for your example, but just like Serhat I think that I missed something because I haven't been able to reproduce the example.
Serhat did you succeded to use the files?

Thanks again
Re: xtext integration with gmf [message #1045574 is a reply to message #1032711] Sat, 20 April 2013 13:45 Go to previous message
serhat gezgin is currently offline serhat gezginFriend
Hi all

I use this steps and my senchronization work perfect but when i generate my first

diagram from xtext program i always get error (error log attached as a error.txt file)

(But only first iteration i get this error on second or later iteration i dont get this error.)

first part of error ;

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2013-04-21 01:42:55.171
!MESSAGE The activator org.eclipse.gmf.examples.runtime.diagram.decorator.DecoratorPlugin for bundle org.eclipse.gmf.examples.runtime.diagram.decorator is invalid
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator org.eclipse.gmf.examples.runtime.diagram.decorator.DecoratorPlugin for bundle org.eclipse.gmf.examples.runtime.diagram.decorator is invalid
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:172)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:679)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:300)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:440)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:263)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:236)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1212)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.core.service.Service$ProviderDescriptor.getProvider(Service.java:158)
	at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.internal.services.decorator.DecoratorService$ProviderDescriptor.provides(DecoratorService.java:72)
	at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.core.service.Service.safeProvides(Service.java:859)
	at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.core.service.ExecutionStrategy.getUncachedProviders(ExecutionStrategy.java:254)
	at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.core.service.Service.getProviders(Service.java:537)
	at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.core.service.ExecutionStrategy$4.execute(ExecutionStrategy.java:178)
	at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.core.service.Service.execute(Service.java:651)
	at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.internal.services.decorator.DecoratorService.createDecorators(DecoratorService.java:121)
	at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.editpolicies.DecorationEditPolicy.refresh(DecorationEditPolicy.java:184)
	at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.editparts.GraphicalEditPart$3.run(GraphicalEditPart.java:858)
	at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionalEditingDomainImpl.runExclusive(TransactionalEditingDomainImpl.java:328)
	at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.editparts.GraphicalEditPart.refresh(GraphicalEditPart.java:851)
	at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.addNotify(AbstractEditPart.java:253)
	at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractGraphicalEditPart.addNotify(AbstractGraphicalEditPart.java:223)
	at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.addChild(AbstractEditPart.java:212)
	at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.editparts.GraphicalEditPart.addChild(GraphicalEditPart.java:1319)
	at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.refreshChildren(AbstractEditPart.java:781)
	at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.editparts.GraphicalEditPart.handleNotificationEvent(GraphicalEditPart.java:1464)
	at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.editparts.GraphicalEditPart.notifyChanged(GraphicalEditPart.java:1438)
	at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.core.listener.DiagramEventBroker.fireNotification(DiagramEventBroker.java:504)
	at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.core.listener.DiagramEventBroker.resourceSetChanged(DiagramEventBroker.java:399)
	at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.DiagramEventBrokerThreadSafe.resourceSetChanged(DiagramEventBrokerThreadSafe.java:73)
	at org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.core.DiagramEditingDomainFactory$DiagramEditingDomain.postcommit(DiagramEditingDomainFactory.java:214)
	at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionalEditingDomainImpl.deactivate(TransactionalEditingDomainImpl.java:543)
	at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionImpl.close(TransactionImpl.java:712)
	at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionImpl.commit(TransactionImpl.java:474)
	at org.eclipse.emf.workspa

But only one i get this error on second or later iteration i dont get this error.

Anyone can help me to solve this eror ?

Regards
  • Attachment: error.txt
    (Size: 82.37KB, Downloaded 314 times)

[Updated on: Sat, 20 April 2013 13:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[Eugenia] Labeling Attributes
Next Topic:GMF outline view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:22:12 GMT 2024