Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » WebViewerExample base_url for multiple domain names
WebViewerExample base_url for multiple domain names [message #1024089] Mon, 25 March 2013 20:20 Go to next message
birt user is currently offline birt userFriend
I'm using the BIRT WebViewerExample webapp on a website which is served via two different domain names that have different SSL certificates.

If I enter the first domain's name into the base_url property, the second domain's name generates SSL warnings. If I enter the second domain's name into the base_url property, the first domain name generates SSL warnings. The warning is because the content's SSL certificate doesn't match its domain name.

I've also tried commenting the base_url out and setting it to localhost. With the base_url commented out, neither domain name works. With localhost, I get a message about mixed content being partially in https and partially in http.

Any ideas about what I should configure the base_url for a site accessed via two different domain names over SSL?

Thanks.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 March 2013 20:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: WebViewerExample base_url for multiple domain names [message #1029514 is a reply to message #1024089] Fri, 29 March 2013 20:18 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Have you tried modifying the viewer to change the base_url based on where the incoming request comes from? Or just using two separate web viewers?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Toggle between chart and table by buttons in the same report + 3 buttons for period time
Next Topic:Null pointer exception
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:56:55 GMT 2024