Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Problem while connecting to the ORACLE Database(Exception while connecting to oracle database from jubula.)
Problem while connecting to the ORACLE Database [message #1022273] Thu, 21 March 2013 15:37 Go to next message
Yuga M is currently offline Yuga MFriend
i installed the Oracle XE 11g release 2 and i want to use it as a database for all my test cases.

Oracle DB ---> choose "Preferences", select the "Test/Database Connections" tab and click "Add" to get the DB registration dialog. Select Oracle from the combo box and provide the necessary data for your db instance. Afterwards you can choose this connection in the "Select Database" dialog.

after following all these steps, i got exception as below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.3.2.v20111125-r10461): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:SAL1
Error Code: 0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what are all the requirements do i need to follow for connecting to oracle thru jubula.

i just installed oracle and connected to database with default user name(SYSTEM) and password.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 March 2013 06:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem while connecting to the ORACLE Database [message #1022565 is a reply to message #1022273] Fri, 22 March 2013 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yuga M is currently offline Yuga MFriend
I myself solved this problem.
i didn't give the SID name correctly.
And for those who are facing similar kind of problem:-

in windows serives; "find item with name "oracleserivceABCD" where ABCD is ur SID. and it should be started...

And in my case; iam using oracle 11g Express edition (free Version) and my sid is "XE"

[Updated on: Fri, 22 March 2013 06:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem while connecting to the ORACLE Database [message #1022607 is a reply to message #1022565] Fri, 22 March 2013 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Thanks for posting the solution Yuga!
Re: Problem while connecting to the ORACLE Database [message #1703415 is a reply to message #1022607] Fri, 31 July 2015 12:28 Go to previous message
Alva Christeen is currently offline Alva ChristeenFriend
If your IP address and port number are good but SID is not known.
SID (System ID)- is the name of your database. SID = xe in your connection string.

Ask your DBA for SID of your database.
If you have access to the DB server, try to locate tnsnames.ora file,
it should be under $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin subdirectory (ORACLE_HOME is an environment variable pointing to the DB subdirectory),
If you have any other oracle related issue then visit:

oracle.filerepairtool.net/blog/common-oracle-error-messages
Previous Topic:Database Manipulation
Next Topic:Jubula H2 Database Recovery
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:53:08 GMT 2024