Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Import-Bundle resolution not able to import packages
Import-Bundle resolution not able to import packages [message #1021016] Tue, 19 March 2013 11:21 Go to next message
Daniel McGreal is currently offline Daniel McGrealFriend
Hi,
With 3.5.0 I'm finding that whenever I import a bundle using Import-Bundle I have to specify the version, the implicit 0.0.0 never finds the bundle that's there (no version conflict either). Further, I also have to specify one package from that bundle in the Import-Package declaration, also with an explicit version otherwise none of the packages are found from it. After adding just one package import, all the other packages from the imported bundle are then resolved.

So like this:
1. Add Import-Bundle with no version specified: ClassNotFound, etc.
2. Add version to Import-Bundle: Cannot satisfy import constraint on package;version="0.0.0" which that bundle exports.
3. Add an Import-Package for that package without version. Still cannot satisfy.
4. Add version to Import-Package: all other packages exported from the imported bundle are now resolved.

Is this normal?
I'm not sure what other debugging information it would help to provide.

Thanks, Dan.
Re: Import-Bundle resolution not able to import packages [message #1037470 is a reply to message #1021016] Tue, 09 April 2013 15:40 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
It's not normal. Import-Bundle should find the bundle in Virgo's repository and expand to a corresponding set of imported packages (which are then merged with any packages that the bundle already imports). I recommend cutting this down to a minimal example with two trivial bundles. Often in the process of cutting things down, a user error becomes obvious. Smile
Previous Topic:Virgo + RAP + OSGi: Extension Points and Fancy Theme
Next Topic:Karaf feature to pom and plans transformer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:23:47 GMT 2024