Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Hudson- Archive workspace
Hudson- Archive workspace [message #1019267] Fri, 15 March 2013 10:43 Go to next message
nesre karadag is currently offline nesre karadagFriend
Hi everyone,

I have been investigating about how to archive the workspace to a backup location automatically in Hudson as a zip file. There is a plugin called "Clone Workspace SCM", but apparently this copying the workspace as it is, without zipping it up.

what I want is:

zip the workspace up and copy to backup location.

If you could give me a light on this topic, I will really be happy.

Thanks a lot!
Re: Hudson- Archive workspace [message #1019538 is a reply to message #1019267] Fri, 15 March 2013 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
One way I could think is to do in two steps

- Addd a "Execute Command Shell" (or Windows Batch Command) to end of your builders list to zip up the workspace
- Use FTP-Publisher or SCP publisher plugin to push the created zip to where ever you want

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: Hudson- Archive workspace [message #1027732 is a reply to message #1019538] Wed, 27 March 2013 10:46 Go to previous message
nesre karadag is currently offline nesre karadagFriend
Many thanks for the Reply and sorry to write back late.

The solution you have proposed seems to be the best option for me. However I never done shell scripting before, would you please be able to elaborate the first step about how I can do it,

"Add a "Execute Command Shell" (or Windows Batch Command) to end of your builders list to zip up the workspace "

If there is any site that you would recommend when I can follow, I will be happy.

Regards
Previous Topic:Impossible to save a job after migrate from version 2.2.1 to 3.0.1
Next Topic:Hudson jobs can not send mail after upgrading to version 3.0.0 and JDK 7.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:02:53 GMT 2024