Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Issue in starting eclipse juno(Issue in starting eclipse juno)
Issue in starting eclipse juno [message #1017266] Mon, 11 March 2013 11:39 Go to next message
Chaitanya R is currently offline Chaitanya RFriend
Hi I was using eclipse earlier and yesterday I had issues with my Java so I have un-installed and installed JDK 1.6

After that I am haing problem in starting my eclispe IDE, I am getting an error message that says 'Java was started but retured exit code=13'. I am attaching the alert message that I am getting when I start eclipse.

I updated my JAVA_HOME environment variable and also corrected the path in eclipse.ini file for java to C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_43\bin\javaw.exe

But still I am facing same issue. Please help in solving this issue.
Re: Issue in starting eclipse juno [message #1017317 is a reply to message #1017266] Mon, 11 March 2013 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 3/11/2013 5:39 AM, Chaitanya R wrote:
> Hi I was using eclipse earlier and yesterday I had issues with my Java so I have un-installed and installed JDK 1.6
>
> After that I am haing problem in starting my eclispe IDE, I am getting an error message that says 'Java was started but retured exit code=13'. I am attaching the alert message that I am getting when I start eclipse.
>
> I updated my JAVA_HOME environment variable and also corrected the path in eclipse.ini file for java to C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_43\bin\javaw.exe
>
> But still I am facing same issue. Please help in solving this issue.

Is is possible that you've installed a 32-bit Java and wired it up to
your 64-bit Eclipse?
Re: Issue in starting eclipse juno [message #1017695 is a reply to message #1017317] Tue, 12 March 2013 10:48 Go to previous message
Chaitanya R is currently offline Chaitanya RFriend
Thanks Russell, by mistake I installed 32-bit Java on my 64-bit Windows machine. I have installed 64-bit Java once again and edited eclispe.ini file to point Java path to new installation directory and it solved my issue.

Thank you so much.
Previous Topic:Failed to load JNI library
Next Topic:Import C++ project from SVN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:06:48 GMT 2024