I wanted to create a simple composite diagram in Papyrus. I created a class C1 with a port and the same with another class with a port. then tried to connect two ports by connector. but cannot connect two ports. what is the problem?
I think what is missing for you is a surrounding class, i.e. the class you want to specify the internal structure for.
This is how it works:
* create new composite structure diagram
* create new class "topclass"
* create a new class "innerclass" next to it.
* drag and drop the "innerclass" from the model explorer into topclass. Now topclass has a part that has the name "innerclass1" and has the type innerclass.
* do that for a second inner class "secondinnerclass"
* add ports to both parts (innerclass1, secondinnerclass1)
* connect them with a connector