Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » bpmn2 diagram editor refresh
bpmn2 diagram editor refresh [message #1015504] Thu, 28 February 2013 22:32 Go to next message
lucius luo is currently offline lucius luoFriend
Hello Robert,

I`m working on a project and want to use the bpmn2 diagram editor as viewer for a workflow. When I change the bpmn2 model file(e.g., add a new task or remove a task), the diagram editor will stop working(all things on the panel disrepair).

Could you tell me, is it possible to make the diagram editor automatically refresh(or reload) after I change the model file?

Thanks in advance.
lucius
Re: bpmn2 diagram editor refresh [message #1015620 is a reply to message #1015504] Fri, 01 March 2013 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Lucius,

I'm not sure I understand: how does the editor stop working? is there anything in the Error Log? which "panel" are you talking about, the toolpalette? and by "disrepair" I'm guessing you meant "disappear" maybe?

As for your question (make the diagram editor automatically refresh) I'm guessing you want the editor to reload the file after a change is made by an external editor (like the XML or Text editor) maybe?

I would like to help, but I need a little more information to go on Razz
Re: bpmn2 diagram editor refresh [message #1015665 is a reply to message #1015620] Fri, 01 March 2013 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lucius luo is currently offline lucius luoFriend
Thanks Bob for your reply.

Just like you said, I want the diagram editor to reload the model file after a change is made by my application.
For example, I open the bpmn file using diagram editor, and then use my application to load the models from the file and make some changes.
Problem is, after I save the file, and focus on the diagram editor again(move mouse to the editor and click), all of the previous figures disappear(not the toolpalette). Only if I closed the editor and reopen it, the changes can be updated.

Is there any way to make the editor reload/refresh?
Re: bpmn2 diagram editor refresh [message #1015681 is a reply to message #1015665] Fri, 01 March 2013 16:55 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

yeah....that's....a problem...
This functionality isn't working yet, but it's a on my list of things to do.
Can you please file a bugzilla so I don't forget about this?
Thanks!
Previous Topic:Simulation in BPMN2.0 modeler
Next Topic:Model API Javadoc..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:05:39 GMT 2024