Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Graphical comparison specification note
Graphical comparison specification note [message #1015366] Thu, 28 February 2013 11:17 Go to next message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

going through the specification, a little thing came to my mind and I think that i don't see this use case mentioned.

In case of a quite constrained layout that doesn't allow superposition, if two different nodes are added at the same place, shouldn't we have a conflict?

More generally, I think that performing a check on position with the layout would be great, after merge, the diagram should be "layout-valid".
Unfortunately, technically, I'm not sure that it will easy to do :s

Did you already mention about this use case and I missed it? If yes, can you point me to the correct place please.

Regards,

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team

[Updated on: Thu, 28 February 2013 12:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Graphical comparison specification note [message #1015489 is a reply to message #1015366] Thu, 28 February 2013 18:00 Go to previous message
Cedric Notot is currently offline Cedric NototFriend
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

The generic core of EMF Compare will not detect conflict in case of superposition of graphical objects between two sides because it is a specific/business need.

But this core can be extended, adding your own post-processor. It allows you, for example, to create additional conflicts. In your case, they would reference the add or location/bounds changes on objects where bounds overlap.

Once these conflicts created, the user interface should be able to display automatically the conflicting decorators on each side.

Regards,
Cedric Notot
Previous Topic:EMF Compare Documentation
Next Topic:Invalid Comparison result with orphan fields on both sides
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 22:18:34 GMT 2024