Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Behaviour Generation(Papyrus seems to lack in generating behaviour)
icon5.gif  Behaviour Generation [message #1015309] Thu, 28 February 2013 07:49 Go to next message
Stefan Begerad is currently offline Stefan BegeradFriend
Hi there,
I am new to Papyrus. After some initial tryouts, it seems to me that behaviour in UML models cannot be translated into code, like Java.

What I have done so far is modelling a class including an operation. I aim at describing this operation using model elements like activities or state machines.

So far, the generated Java code of the mentioned operation is always empty; that is to say the body of the Java method is empty. That is why I concluded: By using Papyrus, modeled behaviour cannot be translated into Java code.

Is someone able to clarify the subject? Am I missing something?

I would really appreciate a simple example that states the opposite.

Cheers!
Re: Behaviour Generation [message #1015320 is a reply to message #1015309] Thu, 28 February 2013 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello Stefan,

Currently, Papyrus does not provide any code generation. What are you using to generate your java code?

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Behaviour Generation [message #1015409 is a reply to message #1015320] Thu, 28 February 2013 14:00 Go to previous message
Stefan Begerad is currently offline Stefan BegeradFriend
I am using the rich client platform (RCP) from the Papyrus homepage version 1.11. To the best of my knowledge, the underlying code generator is provided by Acceleo.

Does that matter?

From my perspective, the question appears: After modelling UML behaviour using Papyrus, how am I able to traslate it into Java code?

[Updated on: Thu, 28 February 2013 14:20]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Changin Element properties by applying stereotypes?
Next Topic:problem displaying popup menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:37:11 GMT 2024