Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » C and Java in same workspace with Juno?
C and Java in same workspace with Juno? [message #1014463] Mon, 25 February 2013 21:49 Go to next message
Steve Cohen is currently offline Steve CohenFriend
I have the following requirement. I am actively developing a Java client that interfaces to a C backend, and the Java client updates a previous C client, source of which must constantly be referred to in order to learn how previous C client worked, since it is very poorly documented. I do NOT need to be able build/compile the C code in Eclipse.

Thus I NEED to have Java and C code in the same workspace. In Indigo and before CDT was a plugin that I could download and install into my Eclipse JEE installation which would enable me to go back and forth easily between Java and C.

In Juno, though, the CDT does not seem to be available this way. It seems I must download a CDT version of the IDE. There is no CDT plugin available through the Eclipse Marketplace. Am I missing something? How may I achieve what I need using the Juno version of Eclipse?
Re: C and Java in same workspace with Juno? [message #1014477 is a reply to message #1014463] Mon, 25 February 2013 22:24 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
The CDT tools are available as plugins for Juno. Open Help->Install New Software and select the Juno update site (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno). Look for the C/C++ Development tools.
Previous Topic:Wrong editor opens on some cpp and hpp files
Next Topic:screen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:35:18 GMT 2024