Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » crosstab get aggregate value in javascript
crosstab get aggregate value in javascript [message #1014031] Mon, 25 February 2013 02:15 Go to next message
Sean Lewis is currently offline Sean Lewis
In my regular tables I have simple up/down arrow images and use a oncreate script to display an onhover helptext. IE :

this.helpText = "Revenue UP from last year : " + this.getRowData().getColumnValue("ly_revenue") + " $ ";

However I can't really find a way to do this when using a crosstab. I have the aggregate values in the crosstab, but if i try to refrence them the same as that I get :
Cannot call method "getColumnValue" of null

How can i reference a specific aggregate/summary item in the datacube/crosstab table through javascript?
Re: crosstab get aggregate value in javascript [message #1014304 is a reply to message #1014031] Mon, 25 February 2013 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kristopher Clark is currently offline Kristopher Clark
Are you trying to set the help text of the crosstab or set the help text of another object using a value in the crosstab? If you're trying to set the help text of the crosstab you could use something like this in onCreate()

this.helpText = this.getValue();
Re: crosstab get aggregate value in javascript [message #1014465 is a reply to message #1014304] Mon, 25 February 2013 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying to set the helptext value of an image inside the crosstab. So each column/group in the crosstab has some up/down arrow images, i want a helptext/onhover for them that display a (hidden) value in the crosstab.

So i dont think this.getValue(); is going to work since the image i'm applying it to doesn't have a value.

I just dont know how to refer to a value in a crosstab, since it doesn't have the traditional table `this.getRowData().getColumnValue("some_value")` designation.

This is the first time I've played with crosstabs in Birt so excuse if this is a newbish question.
Re: crosstab get aggregate value in javascript [message #1018520 is a reply to message #1014465] Thu, 14 March 2013 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just bumping to see if anyone has any ideas with this? I haven't had any luck figuring this out, yet I'm sure there's a real simple way to do it.
Re: crosstab get aggregate value in javascript [message #1020737 is a reply to message #1018520] Mon, 18 March 2013 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael Williams

Can you attach a simple example showing what your setup is like? I'll take a look and try to help.

Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Re: crosstab get aggregate value in javascript [message #1020912 is a reply to message #1020737] Tue, 19 March 2013 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks! As i was building the sample report I actually figured it out.

I've always used this.getRowData().getColumnValue() to get a value in an onCreate script for helptext.. However you don't need to, you can simply say "row". So either of these two examples work on a regular table :
this.helpText = "Revenue UP from last year : " + this.getRowData().getColumnValue("ly_revenue");

or
this.helpText = "Revenue UP from last year : " + row["ly_revenue"];

However only the latter one will work in a crosstab.

Much easier then the only other way idea I had, building some data element to figured the avlue and set it to a variable then call that in the oncreate script or build it in a html text element.

Thanks again

[Updated on: Tue, 19 March 2013 06:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: crosstab get aggregate value in javascript [message #1021216 is a reply to message #1020912] Tue, 19 March 2013 17:17 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael Williams

Great! Glad it's working! Let us know whenever you have questions!

Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Previous Topic:PDF Pagebreak Problems
Next Topic:Override event handler from external javascript file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 22 14:26:03 GMT 2014