Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » HELP - Function Keys NOT working in Java project(Function Keys NOT working)
HELP - Function Keys NOT working in Java project [message #1012556] Thu, 21 February 2013 19:40 Go to next message
Melinda Savoy is currently offline Melinda SavoyFriend
I just downloaded the latest and greatest version of Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers from your website.

When I imported an existing project and highlighted an object name in my code and pressed the F3 function key NOTHING happens.

I'm working on a Microsoft Natural Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard 7000 connected to my system via a USB connection.

I can go to the NAVIGATE menu or the icons in the IDE's toolbar and each work fine but the use of FUNCTION KEYS are imperative especially when debugging.

BTW, after googling this issue, I did the restore command on the debugging keys under the general section under preferences the restarted Eclipse and unfortunately that did not fix the issue either.

ANY HELP/DIRECTION would be appreciated.

Thank you.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 February 2013 19:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: HELP - Function Keys NOT working in Java project [message #1012590 is a reply to message #1012556] Thu, 21 February 2013 21:04 Go to previous message
Melinda Savoy is currently offline Melinda SavoyFriend
Found the answer to my problem. It was the keyboard. I replaced it and NOW ALL is working fine.

Regards.
Previous Topic:How do i fix this using eclipse,ini
Next Topic:SDK Version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:02:30 GMT 2024