Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » RSE Save As remote?(newbie question: Save remote works, Save As remote doesn't)
RSE Save As remote? [message #1012218] Thu, 21 February 2013 05:36 Go to next message
Reed Bowman is currently offline Reed BowmanFriend
So, I'm finding my way around eclipse for editing my website in php and html... I have installed RSE, and it works fine if I open a file via FTP from my site, then save it - it correctly uploads it and replaces the old file. However, if I wish to edit a file online, then save it as something else, it only saves locally, and gives me no option that I can see on the Save As dialog that will let me save it on the remote server. Instead it saves locally to a RemoteSystemsTempFiles directory, and does not update the files on the server.

What am I missing? How do I fix this so I can simply save a file with a new filename to a location on a remote server?
Re: RSE Save As remote? [message #1016839 is a reply to message #1012218] Thu, 07 March 2013 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone? I still haven't figured this one out.
Re: RSE Save As remote? [message #1062452 is a reply to message #1016839] Fri, 07 June 2013 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeez. No answers? Surely this is a problem for other people?
Re: RSE Save As remote? [message #1062457 is a reply to message #1062452] Fri, 07 June 2013 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 6/7/2013 1:41 PM, Reed Bowman wrote:
> Jeez. No answers? Surely this is a problem for other people?

Maybe this just isn't the forum. Have you tried the Eclipse PDT forum? I
don't know what RSE (remote system explorer) is, so perhaps it's more
closely associated with PHP work? If so, the other forum will at least
help you find someone who understands what you're asking.
Re: RSE Save As remote? [message #1064377 is a reply to message #1062457] Wed, 19 June 2013 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave Brandt is currently offline Dave BrandtFriend
The same thing happens to me too. I can't do a Save As on a remote server through RSE.

I have to right-click in the file tree and select New >> File in order to create a blank file with the filename and location I want, then open that file and paste in the contents of whatever file I've been working on. Then I can save it and it shows up on the server.

I also discovered today that when I try to upload through Sftp using drag-and-drop from Finder into the RSE file tree, I can only upload files, not folders. If I drag and drop a single file (or multiple files) it works just fine, but if I drag and drop a folder, nothing is created on the server at all.

This post is about the only thing I've managed to find on the entire internet that describes the same problem. Have you had any luck fixing it?
Re: RSE Save As remote? [message #1064571 is a reply to message #1064377] Thu, 20 June 2013 00:58 Go to previous message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
There is a forum for RSE.
Target Management
>Announcements, questions and discussions about the Remote System Explorer (RSE) and TM Terminal.

Bug 87863 [IDE] "save as" can't save outside the workspace
Previous Topic:PyDev Run Configuration using existing Makefile
Next Topic:Terminal loads Indigo, Icon loads Juno
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 14:39:13 GMT 2024