Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Skip level in TOC tree???
Skip level in TOC tree??? [message #1009797] Fri, 15 February 2013 18:30 Go to next message
ivkina Mising name is currently offline ivkina Mising nameFriend
Hello,
I need to skip a level in TOC tree, e.g., report has 2 nested groups but the top most group is a a system ("service") group and I don't want to display it's value in TOC tree but just the value of the inner group:
Project Report (table level TOC)
|
|__ (top most group - skip this)
|
|_______1003.001 (inner group - only this group needs to be displayed in TOC)
|_______.....

If I don't specify the TOC value that I need to skip then BIRT returns empty (blank) TOC levels - see attached.

For example, Actuate ErdPro allows to set TocAddComponent=TOCSkip that results in TOC level being skipped in the TOC tree. Can something similar be done in BIRT 4.2.1?

Thanks,
Alexey
  • Attachment: users.pdf
    (Size: 52.48KB, Downloaded 279 times)
Re: Skip level in TOC tree??? [message #1009892 is a reply to message #1009797] Fri, 15 February 2013 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

It appears as if the blank grouping is forced, if you have a group underneath the one that you clear the TOC expression for. A workaround could be to define the second group as a combination of groups 1 and 2. For example, make the group expression row["Group 1"] + "-" + row["Group 2"] and then, for the TOC expression, just put row["Group 2"]. This may or may not work for you. Either way, you can log a bug for this in the bugzilla. If you do, please post the bug info in here for future reference. Thanks.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Skip level in TOC tree??? [message #1012610 is a reply to message #1009892] Thu, 21 February 2013 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivkina Mising name is currently offline ivkina Mising nameFriend
[Bug 400954] Add ability to skip level in TOC tree has been logged. thanks
Re: Skip level in TOC tree??? [message #1012613 is a reply to message #1012610] Thu, 21 February 2013 22:14 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Here's an example showing the solution I was talking about.

BIRT Exchange DevShare - Combing Two Groups into One to Avoid an Empty TOC Level

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Problem commons-logging and birt
Next Topic:Pie Chart to Bar Chart Conversion At Runtime - Using Script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:19:20 GMT 2024