Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Skip level in TOC tree???
Skip level in TOC tree??? [message #1009797] Fri, 15 February 2013 18:30 Go to next message
Aleksey   is currently offline Aleksey
Hello,
I need to skip a level in TOC tree, e.g., report has 2 nested groups but the top most group is a a system ("service") group and I don't want to display it's value in TOC tree but just the value of the inner group:
Project Report (table level TOC)
|
|__ (top most group - skip this)
|
|_______1003.001 (inner group - only this group needs to be displayed in TOC)
|_______.....

If I don't specify the TOC value that I need to skip then BIRT returns empty (blank) TOC levels - see attached.

For example, Actuate ErdPro allows to set TocAddComponent=TOCSkip that results in TOC level being skipped in the TOC tree. Can something similar be done in BIRT 4.2.1?

Thanks,
Alexey
  • Attachment: users.pdf
    (Size: 52.48KB, Downloaded 85 times)
Re: Skip level in TOC tree??? [message #1009892 is a reply to message #1009797] Fri, 15 February 2013 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael Williams

It appears as if the blank grouping is forced, if you have a group underneath the one that you clear the TOC expression for. A workaround could be to define the second group as a combination of groups 1 and 2. For example, make the group expression row["Group 1"] + "-" + row["Group 2"] and then, for the TOC expression, just put row["Group 2"]. This may or may not work for you. Either way, you can log a bug for this in the bugzilla. If you do, please post the bug info in here for future reference. Thanks.

Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Re: Skip level in TOC tree??? [message #1012610 is a reply to message #1009892] Thu, 21 February 2013 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aleksey   is currently offline Aleksey
[Bug 400954] Add ability to skip level in TOC tree has been logged. thanks
Re: Skip level in TOC tree??? [message #1012613 is a reply to message #1012610] Thu, 21 February 2013 22:14 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael Williams

Here's an example showing the solution I was talking about.

BIRT Exchange DevShare - Combing Two Groups into One to Avoid an Empty TOC Level

Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Previous Topic:Problem commons-logging and birt
Next Topic:Pie Chart to Bar Chart Conversion At Runtime - Using Script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 25 01:47:02 GMT 2014