Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Extending E4 application
Extending E4 application [message #1008551] Tue, 12 February 2013 18:25 Go to next message
Kizoume Kiz is currently offline Kizoume Kiz
Hi,

I'm pretty new in e4 application development. I'm trying to develop an application based on org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench Application (defined in my product definition).

With this i'm able to launch an eclipse application with only the "resource" perspectives, "project explorer" view, menus ... That's was perfect.

Now i want to add a new perspective to my project. So i have create a new plugin with an application.e4xmi. I define a new perspsctive inside and check the result. my perspective is well added in my application. (Maybe it's not the right way to do that, i can't really find tutorial which explain how to add a new perspective from Juno realease with e4 model)

But the menu "File --> new" and the other are disabled for my perspective and i don't know how to activate them. What i have to do to enable the menus ? (it's works fine for resources perspective). The aim is to add a new entrie to "File -ยป new" menu to create my own project type in my perspective.

PS : I can't put images of my problem cause i have less than 5 messages in this forum and sorry for my english i hope that my problem is understandable.

Thanks to any help.

Re: Extending E4 application [message #1008995 is a reply to message #1008551] Thu, 14 February 2013 04:14 Go to previous message
Sopot Cela is currently offline Sopot Cela

It's still a bumpy road mixing the two programming models https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=376486
Previous Topic:Beautiful Menu in e4?
Next Topic:examples of core expression with e4 ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 19 03:12:47 EDT 2014