Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Help on use of css editor - color picker etc.(Cannot find any document about the use of "css editor")
Help on use of css editor - color picker etc. [message #1007888] Thu, 07 February 2013 23:59 Go to next message
Bernard TREMBLAY is currently offline Bernard TREMBLAYFriend

Hi,

I use Eclipse since one year, but just at time to time (150 hours in one year).
I recently install Juno (best for UML models with WysiWyg).

We get habits, but I miss now some basic ways of use.

Today it is simply that I had to edit a css and I could not find back how to get context help for parameters and options values.

I spend two hour to find where could be defined the command to get context help during redaction, and consequently where are documents about the use of the editor.

I found many advanced thing about the parameters of the css editor, use of templates etc. But nothing about basic manipulations and functions.
The F1 gives the answer :
"The context help for this user interface element could not be found."

By reflex I think to remember with Indigo that just after the ":" I hit a blank and then the help was activated, particularly the color picker for color parameters, but too any valid options for other parameters.

I search the whole net during two hours without finding anything.
Something to install to get help for editors commands and options values for css ?

Thank for help :
1- how to do ?
2- Where is a description of "css editor"

Best regards

Trebly

Trebly
Re: Help on use of css editor - color picker etc. [message #1037349 is a reply to message #1007888] Tue, 09 April 2013 12:51 Go to previous message
Bernard TREMBLAY is currently offline Bernard TREMBLAYFriend

Hi,

I worked a lot with Eclipse since one year.

The keyboard short-cut for "context-help" which seems to be generalized (by default) is "Ctrl-space"

It must be so evident that it is not documented.

On shortcuts preferences it appears to be free (no conflict)... I still don't understand.

Best regards

Trebly

Trebly
Previous Topic:How to move those search results over there ?
Next Topic:Problem in program execution
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Nov 27 16:36:56 GMT 2014