|Pilot Engineer - Production Code Generation [message #1007434]
||Tue, 05 February 2013 20:28
| John Callahan
Registered: February 2013
To apply, please use this URL: http: //matlab.my/14PSD0k.
Please feel free to share with your network.
Title: Pilot Engineer - Production Code Generation
Location: US Novi, Michigan
Travel: Less than 25% (closer to 10-15%)
The growth of Model-Based Design and automatic code generation has created demand for support of complex production deployments of Simulink, Stateflow, Embedded Coder and other related tools. The Pilot Engineering team supports these deployments through extensions of the tools for Model-Based Design. The candidate will design and develop substantial software components and communicate with customers to collect and validate requirements and implementation. In addition, the candidate will work directly with some of our most strategic customers to support the application of MathWorks products to Model-Based Design deployment projects. The successful candidate will help establish strong technical relationships with key customers through these development projects and direct customer interactions.
Projects will vary from major software tools development projects to short duration coaching projects utilizing solid technical successes to drive an expansion of product usage. This position will be part of a large international pilot support team with operations in Asia, United States and Europe.
This role is a full-time staff position, based in Novi, MI.
• Develop substantial product extensions to address specific customer needs.
• Establish deployment requirements and work with other development engineers to implement required features or determine how to most effectively use existing features.
• Work directly with select customers to provide technical assistance and to establish deployment strategies for Model-Based Design and Embedded Coder.
• Understand customer development processes and industry domain standards to provide technical advice on how to realize them with MathWorks tools.
• Travel periodically for customer presentations, planning discussions and on-site technical meetings (up to 25%).
• Work closely with sales teams and other customer-facing staff focused on a fast paced and continually evolving strategy for successful adoption of tools for deployments.
• MS or Ph.D. in Engineering or Computer Science is strongly preferred.
• Experience with object-oriented software development.
• Experience with C/C++.
• Experience with Java in the Eclipse development environment.
• Strong desire and ability to work with customers and turn their needs into actionable plans.
• Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with MathWorks business partners in Sales, Marketing, Software Development, Application Engineering, Training, Consulting and the broader Pilot Engineering Team.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills.
• Flexibility to work on multiple projects with ability to multi-task based upon frequently changing business opportunities and external demands.
Pluses / Nice to haves:
• Experience with MathWorks "MATLAB".
• Ability to clearly understand how Simulink and Stateflow models should be implemented in C.
• Model to Model translation technology.
• Validation and Verification Tool experience.
• Application of formal methods and assertion proving.
• Prior automatic code generation tool experience.
• Fixed point programming experience.
• Tools development experience.
• Calibration tools and ASAP2 experience.
• SysML, UML Experience.
• XML Experience.
• Automotive, Aerospace or Industrial Automation controls/software development experience.
• Experience with automotive standards such as AUTOSAR.
• Experience with functional-safety standards such as IEC 61508, ISO 26262 or DO-178B/C.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01574 seconds