Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Building EMF Compare with Guava Libraries
Building EMF Compare with Guava Libraries [message #1006612] Fri, 01 February 2013 07:35 Go to next message
Pedro Dusso is currently offline Pedro DussoFriend
Hello,

I'm building EMF Compare clone from this git.

When I build and export the plugin as it comes, I got the following errors in my standalone java application:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/common/collect/Sets
	at org.eclipse.emf.compare.scope.AbstractComparisonScope.<init>(AbstractComparisonScope.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.emf.compare.scope.FilterComparisonScope.<init>(FilterComparisonScope.java:63)
	at org.eclipse.emf.compare.scope.DefaultComparisonScope.<init>(DefaultComparisonScope.java:40)
	at org.eclipse.emf.compare.EMFCompare.createDefaultScope(EMFCompare.java:127)
	at UMLModel.main(UMLModel.java:118)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.common.collect.Sets
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)

So I decided to update, rebuild and reexport as a plugin the EMF Compare. I downloaded the Guava libraries, since the original google collections page on googlecode says to do it.

I added the guava-14.0-rc1.jar as a external *.jar file, and let Eclipse rebuild it. I got the following errors:

The method getUnchecked(EObject) is undefined for the type Cache<EObject,Iterable<String>>	URIDistance.java	/org.eclipse.emf.compare/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/match/eobject	line 63	Java Problem

The method getUnchecked(EObject) is undefined for the type Cache<EObject,Iterable<String>>	URIDistance.java	/org.eclipse.emf.compare/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/match/eobject	line 64	Java Problem

The method getUnchecked(EObject) is undefined for the type Cache<EObject,Iterable<String>>	URIDistance.java	/org.eclipse.emf.compare/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/match/eobject	line 131	Java Problem

The method getUnchecked(EObject) is undefined for the type Cache<EObject,URI>	EqualityHelper.java	/org.eclipse.emf.compare/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/utils	line 181	Java Problem

The method get(EObject, Callable<? extends URI>) in the type Cache<EObject,URI> is not applicable for the arguments (EObject)	EqualityHelper.java	/org.eclipse.emf.compare/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/utils	line 249	Java Problem

The method getUnchecked(EObject) is undefined for the type Cache<EObject,URI>	EqualityHelper.java	/org.eclipse.emf.compare/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/utils	line 182	Java Problem

The method get(String, Callable<? extends EObjectIndex>) in the type Cache<String,EObjectIndex> is not applicable for the arguments (String)	ByTypeIndex.java	/org.eclipse.emf.compare/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/match/eobject	line 113	Java Problem

The method get(String, Callable<? extends EObjectIndex>) in the type Cache<String,EObjectIndex> is not applicable for the arguments (String)	ByTypeIndex.java	/org.eclipse.emf.compare/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/match/eobject	line 129	Java Problem

The method get(String, Callable<? extends EObjectIndex>) in the type Cache<String,EObjectIndex> is not applicable for the arguments (String)	ByTypeIndex.java	/org.eclipse.emf.compare/src/org/eclipse/emf/compare/match/eobject	line 83	Java Problem

Am I doing the correct procedure to use the EMF Compare?

Thanks
Re: Building EMF Compare with Guava Libraries [message #1006636 is a reply to message #1006612] Fri, 01 February 2013 09:48 Go to previous message
Mikael Barbero is currently offline Mikael BarberoFriend
Hi Pedro,

EMF Compare depends strictly on Guava 10 because we used @Beta methods that were removed afterwards and/or non existent in previous release. There exists a contributor guide on the wiki and it may give you some further answers: http://wiki.eclipse.org/EMF_Compare/Contributor_Guide. It contains an "Environment" section describing the dependencies of EMF Compare and a "build" section (I created this section few minutes ago though Wink) to learn how to build EMF Compare.

BTW, Guava 12 has been added to Orbit (http://www.eclipse.org/orbit/) recently and we have to think if we will use this version for EMF Compare 2.1. If so, we will update the target definitions files accordingly.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 February 2013 09:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:compare two xml models?
Next Topic:EMFCompare graph structure and change information
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 12:34:39 GMT 2016