Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Web Viewer Fails to Aggregate
Web Viewer Fails to Aggregate [message #1005822] Mon, 28 January 2013 20:38 Go to next message
Eric Daly is currently offline Eric DalyFriend
Messages: 10
Registered: January 2013
Junior Member
Hi,

I'm running BIRT 3.7.2 32 bit with JRE7u11 32 bit on Windows 7 64 bit. When creating a table aggregation for rowcount, it works fine in preview, but then gives me 0 in web viewer. This is happening with several other types of aggregation as well, but this is the simplest. I took the same report and ran it (and recreated it from scratch) in BIRT 4.2.1 64 bit with JRE7u11 64 bit, also with JRE6u38 64 bit, all giving me the same results. I think this is a bug with BIRT, but can't determine what the problem is or how to even work around it. I don't see this listed in the bug tracker. Any ideas?
Re: Web Viewer Fails to Aggregate [message #1006023 is a reply to message #1005822] Tue, 29 January 2013 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend
Messages: 1684
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Take the row.__rownum expression out of the aggregation binding. It doesn't mind you using one of the options from the drop down, but it doesn't like that one. With the COUNT aggregation, no expression is necessary.

Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Re: Web Viewer Fails to Aggregate [message #1006079 is a reply to message #1006023] Tue, 29 January 2013 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Daly is currently offline Eric DalyFriend
Messages: 10
Registered: January 2013
Junior Member
That's not intuitive to me, but it works! Thanks!
Any idea why web viewer also ignores filter conditions on my aggregations although it works in preview? I don't have a working example using the sample database, but I can try to whip one up if you want to see an example of how I'm doing it. I'm doing subtotals where a specific String field matches a static string. Maybe there's a problem with string comparisons in web viewer?

[Updated on: Tue, 29 January 2013 19:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Web Viewer Fails to Aggregate [message #1006084 is a reply to message #1006079] Tue, 29 January 2013 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend
Messages: 1684
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Yeah, I'm not sure why it has an issue with the row.__rownum expression. Seems kinda buggy, but the workaround is easy enough.

As for the other issue, yeah, if you could create a simple example showing your issue, that'd be great. Then I can see exactly what you're doing because I don't see an issue when I tried it.


Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Re: Web Viewer Fails to Aggregate [message #1006085 is a reply to message #1006084] Tue, 29 January 2013 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend
Messages: 1684
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Before you go make an example, though, what is the filter condition you're using? If using dataSetRow["yourField"] == "staticString", try row["yourField"] == "staticString" instead.

Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Re: Web Viewer Fails to Aggregate [message #1006087 is a reply to message #1006085] Tue, 29 January 2013 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Daly is currently offline Eric DalyFriend
Messages: 10
Registered: January 2013
Junior Member
Hah, right before reading your last comment I actually figured out that I was using dataSetRow["element"], and changing it to row["element"] worked. I feel like I'm making progress, but I'm not sure why I never saw any errors. I happened to be in XML Source view when I ran in web viewer, and saw that there actually WERE errors in the XML source stating that dataSetRow was undefined. However, those errors never appeared on the actual report (and it actually works as expected in preview as I said before).
In any case, I think this is the solution to all my aggregation issues! Ah, the subtleties of BIRT!
Thanks again for all the help!
Re: Web Viewer Fails to Aggregate [message #1006088 is a reply to message #1006087] Tue, 29 January 2013 19:56 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend
Messages: 1684
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Yeah, there should probably be something that notifies you if you use dataSetRow or just take that option out of the expression builder. Either way, glad it's working now! Let us know whenever you have questions! Smile Good luck!

Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Previous Topic:Wrong page number with dynamic text field (Separate run/render task)
Next Topic:Date filtering
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Dec 19 20:24:12 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.12239 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software