Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How dataset runs in dashboard(In what order dataset runs in dashboard?)
How dataset runs in dashboard [message #1005339] Thu, 24 January 2013 22:34 Go to next message
A R is currently offline A RFriend
I have created a dashboard. In which I have 10 datasets and one 4*4 grid in my design. In each block I have one report, which uses 8 datasets from the available 10 datasets. The rest of the 2 datasets I using as parameters.

My doubt is , when I run my report how / in which order dataset runs in dashboard?

- Is each block of the grid runs at a time ? If so is there anyway we can tune to run parellelly.

OR

- All the reports in dashboard starts to run at same time?

Thanks
AR
Re: How dataset runs in dashboard [message #1005478 is a reply to message #1005339] Fri, 25 January 2013 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

So, you've created your dashboard in a single .rptdesign file, right? If so, I believe the execution is left to right, top to bottom. What is the issue you're having with how it's currently running? Maybe I'm missing something. Let me know.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: How dataset runs in dashboard [message #1005826 is a reply to message #1005478] Mon, 28 January 2013 21:01 Go to previous message
A R is currently offline A RFriend
Hi Williams - Thanks for the response.

I am facing performence issue, my dashboard is taking too much time to run. I am trying to tune my queries , after that also I am not finding any good performence.

I got a doubt that if all the datasets in dashboard runs at same time it won't take much time. If it runs one at a time it takes time.

That is why I am trying to understand how the BIRT executes a dashboard ?

Thanks
AR

[Updated on: Mon, 28 January 2013 21:38]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Web Viewer Fails to Aggregate
Next Topic:How to paginate when HTML preview is triggered in BIRT RCP?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:29:44 GMT 2024