Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Reverting a Component?(How do I revert to an earlier version of a component?)
Reverting a Component? [message #1005158] Thu, 24 January 2013 15:12 Go to next message
Reinhardt Christiansen is currently offline Reinhardt ChristiansenFriend
Can someone kindly tell me how to revert a component to a previous version? I've just installed a newer version of some PHP components, including PHP Development Tools Source Feature and PHP Development Tools Runtime Feature, and it has introduced a VERY disruptive bug, specifically an error message that pops up every few seconds keeping me from editing PHP files.

I'd like to restore my Eclipse to using the previous version of my PHP modules since everything was fine before I did the update. (I was hoping to install the PHP Debugger and decided to bring my PHP modules up to date. I'll just wait on the debugger and use echo statements in the meantime since I can't get any work done while that message pops up.)

Unfortunately, I didn't notice what versions I had for my PHP modules before the update but I'm guessing there is a log somewhere that lists my updates and it might tell me what version the update replaced. I'm also guessing that there is some way to back out an update to revert to a previous version.

If someone could tell me what I need to do, I'd really appreciate it.

I've already reported the PHP bug on Bugzilla but that might takes day or more to resolve so I want to revert to an older PHP version, ideally the one I had until this morning since it worked fine.
Re: Reverting a Component? [message #1005245 is a reply to message #1005158] Thu, 24 January 2013 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
From the Help menu, select About Eclipse. Click the Installation Details button in the About box. The Installation History tab allows you to see what has been installed when. You can use this to revert to a previous version.
Re: Reverting a Component? [message #1005249 is a reply to message #1005245] Thu, 24 January 2013 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you, David. I found the Installation Details and see that the previous version was: PHP Development Tools (PDT) SDK Feature 3.0.0.v201201110400-77-184_2BEICRgM_fMVcz0M4Va9O.

How do I revert my current version back to this level?
Re: Reverting a Component? [message #1005296 is a reply to message #1005249] Thu, 24 January 2013 19:52 Go to previous message
Please ignore my followup question. I didn't see the Revert button but now I do. I reverted to my previous configuration and now everything is working fine just as I'd hoped it would.

Thanks again for your help!
Previous Topic:AbstractLaunchConfigurationTab - Messages
Next Topic:Line Break in Marker Tooltip
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:26:37 GMT 2024