Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Babel » Is Babel 0.10.1 really compatible with Eclipse 3.8 and/or Tycho?
Is Babel 0.10.1 really compatible with Eclipse 3.8 and/or Tycho? [message #1004239] Tue, 22 January 2013 21:21 Go to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
I'm building a product based on Eclipse 3.8. The product compiles fine in Eclipse IDEs and with our newly-constructed Tycho build. However, when I add the Babel repository () to our target platform, Tycho complains with strange compilation errors realting to not finding SWT classes. The exact same target platform applied to Eclipse 3.8 SDK workspaces produces no compilation errors.
Here is some of what Tycho spits out:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-plugin:0.16.0:compile (default-compile) on project com.emc.xcp.common.ui: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] F:\P4_Int\depot\Platform\XCPBuilder\Int\int_XCPBLD_2.0\staging\app\bundles\com.emc.xcp.common.ui\src\com\emc\xcp\common\ui\function\FunctionPalette.java:[0,0]
[ERROR] package com.emc.xcp.common.ui.function;
[ERROR] ^
[ERROR] The type org.eclipse.swt.events.KeyEvent cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
[ERROR] F:\P4_Int\depot\Platform\XCPBuilder\Int\int_XCPBLD_2.0\staging\app\bundles\com.emc.xcp.common.ui\src\com\emc\xcp\common\ui\function\FunctionPalette.java:[20,0]
[ERROR] public class FunctionPalette extends AbstractTreePalette {
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] The hierarchy of the type FunctionPalette is inconsistent

I noticed that all the Babel bundles are versioned 4.2.0, so I wondered if they are actually tested against Eclipse 3.8 plugins. I have confirmed (twice) that simply removing the Babel bundles from the target platform restores the build to success, so I'm pretty confused about how including Babel bundles could trigger compile errors referring to SWT.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric

[Updated on: Tue, 22 January 2013 23:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Is Babel 0.10.1 really compatible with Eclipse 3.8 and/or Tycho? [message #1004663 is a reply to message #1004239] Wed, 23 January 2013 16:12 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
It appears I've run into https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=391011
There is a patch awaiting review: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/8163/
Previous Topic:Is there a Chinese Language Package for LDT?
Next Topic:Words and Languages that existed since Ice Age
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:44:39 GMT 2024