Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Getting Execution Error: "component must be showing on the screen to determine its locatio
Getting Execution Error: "component must be showing on the screen to determine its locatio [message #1002381] Fri, 18 January 2013 13:38 Go to next message
Deepak Banthia is currently offline Deepak BanthiaFriend
Hi,

I have created a project to test my swing application in jubula. Jubula sometime executing the same test case successfully but some time it fails for some component. The error given by tool is "Error Description Execution Error: "component must be showing on the screen to determine its location"".
I am unable to resolve this issue.
Please can anyone help on this?

Thanks.
Re: Getting Execution Error: "component must be showing on the screen to determine its locatio [message #1003877 is a reply to message #1002381] Tue, 22 January 2013 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

The first thing off the top of my head is a synchronization issue. If the test is e.g. opening a window then trying to do something in the window, then it could be the case that you need to "wait for window" or "wait for component" (in fact, try "wait for component" and see whether you still get the error). The other alternative is scrolling - is the component you're trying to address in a currently non-visible part of the AUT that needs to be scrolled to? Perhaps posting the test result report and the screenshot on failure would provide some more information.

Hope that helps,
Alex
Re: Getting Execution Error: "component must be showing on the screen to determine its locatio [message #1004461 is a reply to message #1003877] Wed, 23 January 2013 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deepak Banthia is currently offline Deepak BanthiaFriend
Actually I have created my scripts in one cpu configuration and executed the same on other cpu with different configuration, due to that jubula start failing test cases. Now again I am running the scripts on same configuration test cases are executing successfully. But I want to know, how I can make my test cases "cpu configuration" independent.

You asked me to provide the test result summary but sorry I don't have the previous configuration backup.
Re: Getting Execution Error: "component must be showing on the screen to determine its locatio [message #1005150 is a reply to message #1004461] Thu, 24 January 2013 15:00 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Tests should indeed be platform independent, however, without more information about what was going wrong / what the results were / what was in the log files, there's not much I can do. If it is reproducible, please open a bug and add as much information as you can.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Excel file as data source
Next Topic:test for GEF with Jubula
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:29:36 GMT 2024