Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » Setting remote launch as default debug(How to make F11 launch my remote launch debug configuration)
Setting remote launch as default debug [message #1002064] Thu, 17 January 2013 21:25
Reuben Dowle is currently offline Reuben DowleFriend
I am trying to debug a cross-compiled linux application from my windows box on a remote embedded linux system using remoted launch over ssh. I am building the software with a 'Makefile project with existing code'

I have everything setup to work fine, and can right click on the project and select 'debug as' then select the debug configuration I created, and the debug session works perfectly. Once I have selected this debug configuration, eclipse seems to remember this so that if I click the debug button manually with the mouse, it launches this configuration.
index.php/fa/13008/0/

The problem is how to make eclipse launch this debug configuration when I hit F11 to start debugging, or select the run->debug menu option. All I get is this dialog:
index.php/fa/13006/0/

I have spent a lot of time looking for options for this, and just cannot figure it out. It is very frustrating that everything works, except for the F11 -> launch configuration linkage.

The most likely config option, the properties -> Run/Debug Settings does not show my launch configuration, and when I hit New, there is no option here for the remote launch type of configuration:

index.php/fa/13007/0/
Previous Topic:locally updated image file not updated on remote site
Next Topic:Project deployment over FTP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:37:49 GMT 2024