Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Change domain model when diagram was opened
Change domain model when diagram was opened [message #1001805] Thu, 17 January 2013 12:00 Go to next message
Matthias N is currently offline Matthias NFriend
Hi, I want to do the following:

When I open a diagram, I wan't to change the domain-model. For example, when I open the diagram, I wan't to add some new elements to an existing element (e.g. Ports to an Element)

I tried to add a method "modifyModel" within my DiagramEditPart's constructor:

public AnalysisFunctionTypeEditPart(View view) {
 super(view);
 modifyModel();

and in modifyModel, I do:
AddCommand addCmd = new AddCommand(getEditingDomain(), list, value);
addCmd.execute();

However, I always get:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot activate read/write transaction in read-only transaction context
	at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionalEditingDomainImpl.acquire(TransactionalEditingDomainImpl.java:576)
	at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionalEditingDomainImpl.activate(TransactionalEditingDomainImpl.java:508)
	at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionImpl.start(TransactionImpl.java:204)
	at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.impl.WorkspaceCommandStackImpl.createTransaction(WorkspaceCommandStackImpl.java:380)
	at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.EMFCommandOperation.createTransaction(EMFCommandOperation.java:215)

can you help me ?
Re: Change domain model when diagram was opened [message #1001818 is a reply to message #1001805] Thu, 17 January 2013 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

are you sure that you don't want to use Feature Seq Initializer instead?

In your case you need to execute the command in a transactional editing domain. Something like getEditingDomain().getCommandStack().execute(addCmd)

Regards,

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Re: Change domain model when diagram was opened [message #1001820 is a reply to message #1001818] Thu, 17 January 2013 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried
TransactionalEditingDomain editingDomain = SharedEditingDomainUtil.getSharedEditingDomain("EASTADLSharedEditingDomain");
AddCommand addCmd = new AddCommand(editingDomain, prototype.getProxyPorts(), proxyPort);
CommandStack commandStack = editingDomain.getCommandStack();
commandStack.execute(addCmd);

same result Sad
Re: Change domain model when diagram was opened [message #1001821 is a reply to message #1001818] Thu, 17 January 2013 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried
TransactionalEditingDomain editingDomain = SharedEditingDomainUtil.getSharedEditingDomain("EASTADLSharedEditingDomain");
AddCommand addCmd = new AddCommand(editingDomain, prototype.getProxyPorts(), proxyPort);
CommandStack commandStack = editingDomain.getCommandStack();
commandStack.execute(addCmd);

same result Sad
Re: Change domain model when diagram was opened [message #1002364 is a reply to message #1001821] Fri, 18 January 2013 13:18 Go to previous message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi Matthias,

your code should look like this:

TransactionalEditingDomain domain = TransactionUtil.getEditingDomain(prototype);
Command addCmd = AddCommand.createAddCommand.create(domain, prototype, XXXPackage.eINSTANCE.getPrototype_ProxyPorts(), proxyPort);
domain.getCommandStack().execute(addCmd);

Ralph

[Updated on: Fri, 18 January 2013 13:18]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[EVL] Quick Fix not found when working in project with white space
Next Topic:Positionning a label above a figure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:34:20 GMT 2024