Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Content Assist stops working
Content Assist stops working [message #997358] Sun, 06 January 2013 19:33 Go to next message
Barrie Treloar is currently offline Barrie Treloar
Messages: 52
Registered: July 2009
Member
When running the DSL, content assist works fine on one line, and the next line it stops working.

While debugging through to see what is happening, I can see that no proposals are being added for the point where it starts failing, but I can't work out why.

While fiddling with this to try to add some more details, I created a new grammar instance and pasted in bits until it started failing.

RENAME DIAGRAM "User 14" TO "Technical Reference Model S"
(works up to here)
RENAME SYMBOL "User 2" to "Component Instance"
(stops working here)


The problem is "to".
If I change this to "TO" it starts working again.

So it has something todo with case insensitivity.
The grammar doesn't give me any errors, so it is parsing correctly.
Just content assist stops working.

Anyone have some clues?
Re: Content Assist stops working [message #997617 is a reply to message #997358] Mon, 07 January 2013 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Zarnekow is currently offline Sebastian Zarnekow
Messages: 2809
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Am 07.01.13 01:33, schrieb Barrie Treloar:
> When running the DSL, content assist works fine on one line, and the
> next line it stops working.
>
> While debugging through to see what is happening, I can see that no
> proposals are being added for the point where it starts failing, but I
> can't work out why.
>
> While fiddling with this to try to add some more details, I created a
> new grammar instance and pasted in bits until it started failing.
>
>
> RENAME DIAGRAM "User 14" TO "Technical Reference Model S"
> (works up to here)
> RENAME SYMBOL "User 2" to "Component Instance"
> (stops working here)
>
>
> The problem is "to".
> If I change this to "TO" it starts working again.
>
> So it has something todo with case insensitivity.
> The grammar doesn't give me any errors, so it is parsing correctly.
> Just content assist stops working.
>
> Anyone have some clues?
>

Did you configure case insensitivity for the content assist parser, too?

Best regards,
Sebastian
--
Looking for professional support for Xtext, Xtend or Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com
Re: Content Assist stops working [message #997882 is a reply to message #997617] Tue, 08 January 2013 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barrie Treloar is currently offline Barrie Treloar
Messages: 52
Registered: July 2009
Member
Sebastian Zarnekow wrote on Mon, 07 January 2013 12:11
Am 07.01.13 01:33, schrieb Barrie Treloar:
> Anyone have some clues?
>

Did you configure case insensitivity for the content assist parser, too?


That's a fair call Sebastian.

I dont think so.

{MyDsl.mwe2}
                fragment = parser.antlr.ex.rt.AntlrGeneratorFragment {
                    options = {
                        // ignore case keywords
                        ignoreCase = true
                    }
                }
...
                fragment = contentAssist.JavaBasedContentAssistFragment {}
...
            // generates a more lightweight Antlr parser and lexer tailored for content assist
            fragment = parser.antlr.XtextAntlrUiGeneratorFragment {}


I had read http://zarnekow.blogspot.com.au/2010/06/new-in-xtext-case-insensitive-languages.html before, but its taken a few reads to digest what it is saying as well as the context of actually needing to make those changes.

After replacing
            fragment = parser.antlr.XtextAntlrUiGeneratorFragment

with
            fragment = parser.antlr.ex.rt.AntlrGeneratorFragment {
                options = {
                // ignore case keywords
                    ignoreCase = true
                }
            }

content assist starts working again.

Thanks.
Re: Content Assist stops working [message #998057 is a reply to message #997882] Wed, 09 January 2013 04:25 Go to previous message
Sebastian Zarnekow is currently offline Sebastian Zarnekow
Messages: 2809
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Barrie,

I think you did use the
parser.antlr.ex.ca.ContentAssistParserGeneratorFragment
instead of the
parser.antlr.ex.rt.AntlrGeneratorFragment, didn't you?

Regards,
Sebastian
--
Looking for professional support for Xtext, Xtend or Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com

Am 09.01.13 00:13, schrieb Barrie Treloar:
> Sebastian Zarnekow wrote on Mon, 07 January 2013 12:11
>> Am 07.01.13 01:33, schrieb Barrie Treloar:
>> > Anyone have some clues?
>> >
>>
>> Did you configure case insensitivity for the content assist parser, too?
>
>
> That's a fair call Sebastian.
>
> I dont think so.
>
>
> {MyDsl.mwe2}
> fragment = parser.antlr.ex.rt.AntlrGeneratorFragment {
> options = {
> // ignore case keywords
> ignoreCase = true
> }
> }
> ...
> fragment = contentAssist.JavaBasedContentAssistFragment {}
> ...
> // generates a more lightweight Antlr parser and lexer
> tailored for content assist
> fragment = parser.antlr.XtextAntlrUiGeneratorFragment {}
>
>
> I had read
> http://zarnekow.blogspot.com.au/2010/06/new-in-xtext-case-insensitive-languages.html
> before, but its taken a few reads to digest what it is saying as well as
> the context of actually needing to make those changes.
>
> After replacing
> fragment = parser.antlr.XtextAntlrUiGeneratorFragment
>
> with
> fragment = parser.antlr.ex.rt.AntlrGeneratorFragment {
> options = {
> // ignore case keywords
> ignoreCase = true
> }
> }
>
> content assist starts working again.
>
> Thanks.
Previous Topic:Infer questions
Next Topic:Help with scoping please.
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Jul 30 23:21:47 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01516 seconds