Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Eclipse mouse right-click issue with X11 forwarding( Eclipse mouse right-click issue with X11 forwarding)
Eclipse mouse right-click issue with X11 forwarding [message #996894] Thu, 03 January 2013 06:15
sangram reddy is currently offline sangram reddyFriend
I have installed Eclipse on a remote Linux machine and trying to access it from my Windows box thru X11 forwarding. Yes, we have a requirement to do so.

I'm having a problem with right click behavior when using Eclipse (Helios/Indigo/Juno). When I right click in Eclipse the popup menu briefly appears and then whatever menu item the cursor is near gets selected and that action is performed. If I hold the right click then the popup menu stays open and I can select any menu item. When I release the right click the selected menu item action is performed. Note that in all of these cases the left mouse button is never used.

Tried different Linux flavors(SuSE/Ubuntu) and different X11 servers(Xming/Cygwin/VNC) for windows, the result is same. This happens only with Eclipse, other applications like firefox do not have this problem.

This behavior can partly be attributed to the way Linux handles mouse clicks i.e., releasing the right mouse button will trigger a selection. Please see: http//unix.stackexchange.com/questions/60101/how-to-disable-select-on-release-right-mouse-button-in-linux

Note that in all cases, Eclipse works without any problems locally(on the local Linux machine), these problems only appear when we access Eclipse remotely(X11/VNC) from a Windows box.

I am not sure if the problem is in Eclipse, because Eclipse works fine locally. Then, I am not sure if the problem is in X-server, because other applications like firefox works fine remotely.

Tried different GTK themes and increased the padding between menu items and the border, but somehow the mouse pointer still points to a menu item whenever the menu is opened.

Any ideas?
Previous Topic:TAB focus lost on SWT Browser control when property sheet is visible
Next Topic:Events not passed up to Shell?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:21:50 GMT 2024