Thank you for the wonderful tutorial of Eclipse Scout. I am facing a problem after deployment of war files in Tomcat Server. I have followed all the steps as specified in the tutorials and extracted both, rap and server war files. Later I deployed them in Tomcat server. When I tried to access the client webpage i.e. rap, I am not getting the outline tree on the webpage. I have attached a screenshot with this post, the one with yellow highlighted towards left of the screen is where i am not getting the outline tree. Can you please give me some pointers for this problem.
A yellow placeholder component is a fallback when no renderer is found for the requested field.
An example: the PlannerField has only a Swing renderer... You get a yellow rectangle instead of a such field in a SWT application.
Your case is very strange, because I do not see why the OutlineTreeField cannot be rendered with RAP. (We have applications with pages and outlines rendered with RAP).
Can you indicate?
- The Scout version you are using.
- If your code is working when you launch the Application from Eclipse (Dev version Using Jetty).
- If your application is working with the SWT UI (If you have a SWT Plugin).
Thank you for replying. In dev version using Jetty I am able to get outline tree in the rap version itself, even with the SWT environment it works. The Scout version which I am using is 22.214.171.124209171521. I am also attaching the screenshot with this post taken when the SWT and RAP were started in Dev environment and also Screenshot using the Tomcat server. My tomcat version is 7.0.21.
Recently I have discovered one more problem. Previously I was using Eclipse Scout v3.8.0, then later updated my eclipse to v3.8.1. Now when I export my Scout project, the war file contains all v3.8.0 jar's where they were supposed to be v3.8.1 jar files. Is there any way to fix this issue.
Your project is built from a product file:
* Server: /<<your_app>>.server/products/production/<<your_app>>-server.product
* SWT Client: /<<your_app>>.ui.swt/products/production/<<your_app>>-swt-client.product
* RAP Client: /<<your_app>>.ui.rap/products/production/<<your_app>>-rap.product
Check that you do not have any version constraint in this files.
You could also check the target platform...
Preferences > Plug-in Development > Target Platform
I am not sure if the SDK create a such target platform file when a new project is created. I think it depends what you have choosen in the new project wizard.
Check also there that you have the version you want.
Problem which I was facing is solved now. What I did was, I uninstalled updated scout, and downloaded new one. Then after installing new scout with v3.8.1 from scratch and working on it, the exported war now works perfectly fine in tomcat.