Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to setup PTP tools on windows 7 and run an MPICH2 test program on ubuntu cluster
icon4.gif  How to setup PTP tools on windows 7 and run an MPICH2 test program on ubuntu cluster [message #994896] Fri, 28 December 2012 15:31 Go to next message
George Papas is currently offline George PapasFriend
Hello.
I am trying a couple of weeks now to properly setup PTP and all the tools that are needed in order to run an MPI project on a target ubuntu cluster but i am confused.
First of all i have installed on windows 7 minGW 32bit,openMPI 32bit and MPICH2 32bit (i ll use MPICH2 only), PTP tools,RDT, Remote System Explorer and GEMS. When i make a project, I setup the properties for the paths etc, and i build the .c file i dont get binaries for some reason. I get:

13:33:29 ** Rebuild of configuration Debug for project mpitest ** Info: Internal Builder is used for build mpiCC "-IC:\MPICH2\include"

-O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -o "src\mpitest.o" "..\src\mpitest.c"

The Open MPI wrapper compiler was unable to find the specified compiler cl.exe in your PATH.

Note that this compiler was either specified at configure time or in one of several possible environment variables.

13:33:29 Build Finished (took 78ms)

What does this means? I dont have any cl.exe on my machine.
In addition, how do i setup the "Run Configuration" in eclipse? Where do i place the commands needed to run on the cluster? Which program is going to show me the graphical representation of the results? (i thought was GEMS) I have made the connection with a cluster machine but cant go any further! I need some guidance and i cant find anyone who really knows how to set those tools up!
Thanks in advance! Any help would be appreciated.
index.php/fa/12836/0/index.php/fa/12835/0/

[Updated on: Sat, 29 December 2012 20:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to setup PTP tools on windows 7 and run an MPICH2 test program on ubuntu cluster [message #995344 is a reply to message #994896] Sat, 29 December 2012 20:32 Go to previous message
George Papas is currently offline George PapasFriend
I found the solution by luck...
Right click on the project and properties, then in C/C++ build option i went to Tool Chain Editor and changed the Current Toolchain from MinGW GCC to cygWin GCC and everything worked fine... If anyone can explain so be it Smile
I would also like to get some help on setting the Run Configuration for cluster (from windows targetin a linux cluster).
Thanks!

[Updated on: Sat, 29 December 2012 21:08]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Keywords pop-up
Next Topic:Can I reset Eclipse to show the original welcome screen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:41:53 GMT 2024