we need more details of your installation:
- operating system
- which Juno package did you install (Classic, Java, J2EE ...) ?
- is it Juno or Juno SR1 ?
- check the error log for related error messages
In order to check if the bundles are installed successfully click "About Eclipse > Installation Details"
Under "Features" you should find at least the following features (depending on your selection during installation):
under "Plug-ins" you should find at least the following plug-ins
under "Installation History" you should find a corresponding entry for the time when you installed EGit.
Select this history entry and check if JGit and EGit are listed underneath.
I seem to have the same problem as the OP, and to answer the questions:
When I try to create a new project Git is not an option.
OS: Linux (opensuse 12.2)
Package: Juno SR1 J2EE,
Didn't see related error messages. Nothing about git or team providers
I have the mentioned features and plugins
This is a fresh install (~1h ago) of eclipse because of exactly this problem.
To get there I installed/unpacked
- Eclipse J2ee in an empty directory
- Added CDT repo and installed it
- Added Php support via market
- Added Maven support via Market
- Added Maven git and svn provider -> this works
- Added Mercurial support via Market (new project from mercurial works)
- Added EGit/JGit via market
- Added SVN support via market (new project from svn works)
- Added ADT support via market
- Went to Add New Software, All available sites, search for git, show only latest, applicable to target. When I also select Hide installed, git team provider vanishes.
I found a dialog where it said the EGit plugin was in state "Starting".