|Delete Added Line fails to delete LF at end of file [message #991489]
||Wed, 19 December 2012 13:20
| R Shapiro
Registered: June 2011
In EGit 126.96.36.199212162313 + Juno SR1 I now see the following anomaly:|
1) In any text file, add a new line at the end. The content doesn't matter.
2) Save the change. Observe that the file now has an unstaged change, as expected.
3) In the left margin right-click menu of that line, choose 'Delete Added Line'.
4) Observe that that file is marked as modified and that the content of line is gone, as expected. Save the change.
5) Observe that the file is still considered to have an unstaged change and appears to have an empty line at the end. In short, the content of the new line was deleted but the line-feed was not.
Expected: line-feed should have been removed and the file should no longer have unstaged changes.
Note that this problem is very specific to the last line in the file-- anywhere else Deleted Added Line deletes the line-feed along with the contents (if any)
Update: Looks now like this is probably a Quick Diff bug rather than an EGit bug.
[Updated on: Sun, 23 December 2012 14:06]
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02004 seconds