Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Can't Find javac on Windows
Can't Find javac on Windows [message #991414] Wed, 19 December 2012 00:28 Go to next message
Dennis Putnam is currently offline Dennis PutnamFriend
I have an ant XML that I am trying to use to create my jar file. However, when I run it I get this error:

BUILD FAILED
H:\html\Applets\KCBSEvents\makejar.xml:56: Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK.
It is currently set to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7"

Clearly JAVA_HOME is pointing to the wrong directory. Is should be C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_10. Unfortunately I cannot find where that is set. It is not in the Win 7 environment variables and even adding it does not help. Where in Eclipse is that set so I can fix it? TIA.
Re: Can't Find javac on Windows [message #994452 is a reply to message #991414] Thu, 27 December 2012 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pauline Taylor is currently offline Pauline TaylorFriend
You will need to have the latest JDK (1.6) installed as well. Can you try executing "javac" from the command line?
Re: Can't Find javac on Windows [message #994888 is a reply to message #994452] Fri, 28 December 2012 15:10 Go to previous message
Dennis Putnam is currently offline Dennis PutnamFriend
Thanks for the reply. I can but only from the bin directory. For some reason the installer did not add it to the PATH variable which I thought it would have.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 December 2012 15:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Override cannot be resolved to a type
Next Topic:Assertion Error Breakpoint
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:42:01 GMT 2024