Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » [M4 Release] The new type system
[M4 Release] The new type system [message #991322] Tue, 18 December 2012 14:18 Go to next message
Boris Brodski is currently offline Boris Brodski
Messages: 85
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hello,


today Xtext 2.4.0M4 was released! Yahoo!

My question: Is the new super duper type system included into this build? I tried following simple example (adopted from the Sven's blog: http://blog.efftinge.de/2012/10/current-development-and-future-plans.html) and it doesn't compile.

val map = newHashMap
map.put(1, "")
val x = map.get(1)
println("Length: " + x.length)  <--- ERROR: The method length is undefined for the type Test


Should the new type system be activated in some way?

Thank you!


Regards,
Boris
Re: [M4 Release] The new type system [message #991330 is a reply to message #991322] Tue, 18 December 2012 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Zarnekow is currently offline Sebastian Zarnekow
Messages: 2832
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Boris,

the M4 does not include the new type system.

Regards,
Sebastian
--
Looking for professional support for Xtext, Xtend or Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com

Am 18.12.12 15:18, schrieb Boris Brodski:
> Hello,
>
>
> today Xtext 2.4.0M4 was released! Yahoo!
>
> My question: Is the new super duper type system included into this
> build? I tried following simple example (adopted from the Sven's blog:
> http://blog.efftinge.de/2012/10/current-development-and-future-plans.html)
> and it doesn't compile.
>
>
> val map = newHashMap
> map.put(1, "")
> val x = map.get(1)
> println("Length: " + x.length) <--- ERROR: The method length is
> undefined for the type Test
>
>
> Should the new type system be activated in some way?
>
> Thank you!
>
>
> Regards,
> Boris
Re: [M4 Release] The new type system [message #991331 is a reply to message #991330] Tue, 18 December 2012 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Zarnekow is currently offline Sebastian Zarnekow
Messages: 2832
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Am 18.12.12 15:35, schrieb Sebastian Zarnekow:
> Hi Boris,
>
> the M4 does not include the new type system.
>
> Regards,
> Sebastian

Nevertheless, this testcase is green with the new not-yet-released
work-in-progress implementation:

assertEvaluatesTo("Length: 3",
"{\n" +
" val map = newHashMap\n" +
" map.put(1, 'abc')\n" +
" val x = map.get(1)\n" +
" println('Length: ' + x.length)" +
"}");


--
Looking for professional support for Xtext, Xtend or Eclipse Modeling?
Go visit: http://xtext.itemis.com
Re: [M4 Release] The new type system [message #991336 is a reply to message #991331] Tue, 18 December 2012 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boris Brodski is currently offline Boris Brodski
Messages: 85
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hello Sebastian,


thanks for the info. Will you please make an announcement (e.g. in Twitter) when we can test it?


Regards,
Boris
Re: [M4 Release] The new type system [message #991356 is a reply to message #991336] Tue, 18 December 2012 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed Willink
Messages: 4046
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 18/12/2012 14:54, Boris Brodski wrote:
> thanks for the info. Will you please make an announcement (e.g. in
> Twitter) when we can test it?
And the newsgroup; we're not all twats.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: [M4 Release] The new type system [message #991451 is a reply to message #991336] Wed, 19 December 2012 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sven Efftinge is currently offline Sven Efftinge
Messages: 1762
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
As early as possible hopefully by the end of February, maybe March.
We will come up with a reliable release date in January.

Thanks for your patience.

Am 12/18/12 3:54 PM, schrieb Boris Brodski:
> Hello Sebastian,
>
>
> thanks for the info. Will you please make an announcement (e.g. in
> Twitter) when we can test it?
>
>
> Regards,
> Boris


--
Need professional support for Xtext or other Eclipse Modeling technologies?
Go to: http://xtext.itemis.com
Twitter : @svenefftinge
Blog : http://blog.efftinge.de


--
Need professional support on Xtext or Xtend?
Mail to: xtext (at) itemis.com
Twitter : @svenefftinge
Blog : blog.efftinge.de
Re: [M4 Release] The new type system [message #991460 is a reply to message #991451] Wed, 19 December 2012 10:10 Go to previous message
Boris Brodski is currently offline Boris Brodski
Messages: 85
Registered: July 2009
Member
Thank you for the info!
Previous Topic:Showing and hiding grammar feature in textual representation
Next Topic:Scope method not execute?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Sep 20 10:01:11 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.18359 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software