Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in CDOIDUtil
[CDO] ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in CDOIDUtil [message #991068] Mon, 17 December 2012 09:32 Go to next message
M. Herrmann is currently offline M. HerrmannFriend
Hi,

First of all let me thank for the great work concerning CDO. I love it and it really made my live as a developer so much easier.

Currently I am developing an application using Eclipse RAP and CDO.
When I deploy my application (and CDO server) on my linux server, I get an Exception when trying to commit a CDO transaction:

ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 105 in CDOIDUtils in line 510

Everything works fine if I deploy the application (and CDO server) on my local machine.

Connecting to the CDO Server (on my linux server) with the CDO-Explorer (from my local machine) works just fine.

But connecting from my locally deployed application to the CDO server on the remote machine also fails with the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException (by connecting i mean committing a transaction).

Any idea what direction to go for solving this problem?

Please excuse that I dont't have an exact stack trace or exact versions right now.
If needed I will post it as soon as I have access the application again (I am not at the office right now).
I was just hoping that someone maybe has an idea what the problem is.

I'm using Java 7
CDO 4.1 with Mysql 5.1
Tomcat 7
CDO Server is deployed as an eclipse application, my application is packaged as a war and run in Tomcat

[Updated on: Mon, 17 December 2012 09:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [CDO] [message #991078 is a reply to message #991068] Mon, 17 December 2012 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Am 17.12.2012 10:32, schrieb M. Herrmann:
> Hi,
>
> First of all let me thank for the great work concerning CDO. I love it and it really made my live as a developer so
> much easier.
Thank you very much for the kudos ;-)

It would be great if you write a little review at https://www.ohloh.net/p/cdo/reviews/new to make others aware of CDO.
Larger community is better code!

> Currently I am developing an application using Eclipse RAP and CDO.
Once I wrote a demo server with a RAP config interface. Very cool.

> When I deploy my application (and CDO server) on my linux server, I get an Exception when trying to commit a CDO
> transaction:
>
> ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 105 in CDOIDUtils in line 510
That would be at this line in CDOIDUtil.read(ExtendedDataInput):

Type type = Type.values()[ordinal];

org.eclipse.emf.cdo.common.id.CDOID.Type is an enum with way less than 105 enum literals. That makes me think that
you're using different CDO versions at client and server sides. That can (and almost always will) lead to unpredictable
behaviour. The reason is that the underlying Net4j Signalling Platform uses a performance-optimized binary protocol that
relies on matching meta data and transfer logic being deployed at both ends. Newer Net4j versions do check the protocol
version number.

>
> Everything works fine if I deploy the application (and CDO server) on my local machine.
>
>
> Connecting to the CDO Server (on my linux server) with the CDO-Explorer (from my local machine) works just fine.
>
> But connecting from my locally deployed application to the CDO server on the remote machine also fails with the
> ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException (by connecting i mean committing a transaction).
>
>
> Any idea what direction to go for solving this problem?
Please make sure that clients and server have the exact same CDO+Net4j versions (ideally same build) deployed. Does that
help?

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

> Please excuse that I dont't have an exact stack trace or exact versions right now. If needed I will post it as soon as
> I have access the application again (I am not at the office right now).
> I was just hoping that someone maybe has an idea what the problem is.
>
>
> I'm using Java 7
> CDO 4.1 with Mysql 5.1
> Tomcat 7
> CDO Server is deployed as an eclipse application, my application is packaged as a war and run in Tomcat
>

Re: [CDO] [message #991236 is a reply to message #991078] Mon, 17 December 2012 23:23 Go to previous message
M. Herrmann is currently offline M. HerrmannFriend
Thanks Eike.
That seemed to be the problem.
It's working now.
Previous Topic:[CDO] Success Stories?
Next Topic:[Teneo] 'One shot delete' of a one-to-many containment's children
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:10:15 GMT 2024