Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » How to access report variable in masterpage
How to access report variable in masterpage [message #991019] Sun, 16 December 2012 23:45 Go to next message
vivek p v is currently offline vivek p v
In my report i have one report varibale(ie.global variable).I want to access it masterpage.How can access it in masterpage.In master page header,i have one text element with type as HTML,there i want to get this report variable.Also report variable value is not a constant.Its value is changing dynamically(ie value is reassigned in an event "Oncreate" of one of the dataset)Can anyone pls share syntax(eg: like <VALUE-OF>vars["abc"]</VALUE-OF>).
Re: How to access report variable in masterpage [message #991126 is a reply to message #991019] Mon, 17 December 2012 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael Williams

The <value-of> tag is what you'd use to call a global variable in a text box, but it seems you already know that. Can you be more specific about what you're trying to do? Just display a variable value? Or is it with other text? Also, what's your BIRT version?

Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Re: How to access report variable in masterpage [message #991137 is a reply to message #991019] Mon, 17 December 2012 08:10 Go to previous message
vivek p v is currently offline vivek p v
ya.it is possible to access.But value is always constant.Same as that we given when creating reporting variable.As i mentioned in question,value is changing dynamically.That change is not reflecting Master page. If we use label field,then change is reflecting.But i cant able to use label,bcoz i want to embed html inside that.
Previous Topic:html inside label field
Next Topic:Connection Pool in Birt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 23 18:15:24 EDT 2014